Is this going to be like an actual game?

#1ragnardemonPosted 4/7/2013 3:48:25 PM
I'm playing through XIII-2 and it feels like just one long group of fetch quest mini-games. Like I could almost skip it entirely and not miss anything.
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/7/2013 3:58:49 PM(edited)
Well SE is trying to market this as a game. However XIII-2 was much better effort at making a game than XIII.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3Plant42Posted 4/7/2013 3:55:23 PM
I'm forcing myself to play through 13-2 right now and I don't know if I will ever touch it again when I'm done.
#4heartlesshero17Posted 4/7/2013 3:58:21 PM
Plant42 posted...
I'm forcing myself to play through 13-2 right now and I don't know if I will ever touch it again when I'm done.

Honestly, I didn't even hate it really, but I see no reason to ever play it again.

It didn't really do much to make me think it was worth experiencing twice. Towards the end, it got pretty bad imo

Didn't even bother to get other endings nor did I download any DLC
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#5Plant42Posted 4/7/2013 4:07:02 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Plant42 posted...

Honestly, I didn't even hate it really, but I see no reason to ever play it again.

It didn't really do much to make me think it was worth experiencing twice. Towards the end, it got pretty bad imo

So far I've bought Sazh and Lightning's missions, Jihl, Lightning and Amodar, Serah's white Mage and Noel's assassins creed outfit. I've enjoyed that more than the actual game itself. I mean collecting monsters is neat and the perfectionist in me keeps me going with the side quests... But the story is just awful. It isn't interesting in the least. Plus it comes off as if they think they are so clever with the paradox stuff. And on top of that listening to Serah, Noel and Mog talk is embarrassing. I wouldn't play this around most people I know.
#6kupo1705Posted 4/7/2013 4:09:33 PM
And yet it's far superior to FFXIII.
#7Hello4438Posted 4/7/2013 4:13:31 PM
kupo1705 posted...

Go take your ignorance and cynicism elsewhere.
#8Plant42Posted 4/7/2013 4:14:24 PM
kupo1705 posted...

No.
#9kupo1705Posted 4/7/2013 4:15:01 PM
Hello4438 posted...
Go take your ignorance and cynicism elsewhere.

What?

Plant42 posted...
No.

Yes.
#10heartlesshero17Posted 4/7/2013 4:18:34 PM
Plant42 posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
Plant42 posted...

So far I've bought Sazh and Lightning's missions, Jihl, Lightning and Amodar, Serah's white Mage and Noel's assassins creed outfit. I've enjoyed that more than the actual game itself. I mean collecting monsters is neat and the perfectionist in me keeps me going with the side quests... But the story is just awful. It isn't interesting in the least. Plus it comes off as if they think they are so clever with the paradox stuff. And on top of that listening to Serah, Noel and Mog talk is embarrassing. I wouldn't play this around most people I know.

I just watched those side stories online. I kinda liked the Sazh one if only cause he was already kinda likable in the first place and the final scene was pretty nice. Lightning dlc story looked meh

Monsters didn't impress me at all. Sure I kicked a lot of their asses and gathered a lot, but I hardly switched them up, and in some cases, didn't need them or pay attention to them. I actually brought the same cait sith from the beginning to the final fight and had no problems. There was hardly any real disadvantages to most of the ones I had so a lot of the time I had no real need to switch unless I found another monster to look "cooler". The fact that the game felt waaaaay easier then the original really help me decide that switching monsters a lot was pointless

Didn't bother to do any dlc fights. I enjoy secret bosses like FFVIII when I am just screwing around aimlessly and just happen to come across some new ruin and explore it. Just a "go to the stadium and fight Gilgamesh" scenario did not interest me. And after two games with extremely similar battle systems, the challenge it could have given me didn't matter cause I was pretty over it already

Story got old really fast, Mog is the most ugly moogle ever and is not funny. Serah is meh, so I made her sound like an idiot in those live trigger events. Which, no lie was pretty fun. Noel I had no real problem with and was easily the best character in the game.
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception