Is this going to be like an actual game?

#21Lelouch71Posted 4/7/2013 7:26:31 PM
It's cool to be a rebel. I found FFXIII to be okay. I didn't hate it. I enjoyed it for the most part but it's not really a game I see myself replaying it multiple times. Then again FFXIII was always nothing more than filler for Versus. I never had any real interest in it. I was all about Versus. FFXIII-2 was an improvement and I actually enjoyed it more. I guess it fits my taste better. I'm not all THAT excited for LR. The gameplay seems interesting but I'm not too interested in the story. So I'm just mildly interested in it.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#22heartlesshero17Posted 4/7/2013 7:38:39 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
It's cool to be a rebel. I found FFXIII to be okay. I didn't hate it. I enjoyed it for the most part but it's not really a game I see myself replaying it multiple times. Then again FFXIII was always nothing more than filler for Versus. I never had any real interest in it. I was all about Versus. FFXIII-2 was an improvement and I actually enjoyed it more. I guess it fits my taste better. I'm not all THAT excited for LR. The gameplay seems interesting but I'm not too interested in the story. So I'm just mildly interested in it.

The gameplay not interesting me in LR is the worst part of it all. Cause usually that would be the main thing to draw me in.

The freeworld traveling and exploring makes it come off as cool looking and the continent thing is interesting(or would be once we see more). But the fact that despite Lightning new parkour skills and free roaming was added, it still needs to zone you into a different style for battles really clashes imo. Makes the whole free roaming and all this stuff look like random add ons just to attract attention even though the main gameplay(battle system) utilizes none of this. I don't give a **** about Versus yet, but at least such features would fit in perfectly there cause of the style of game they are going for. Here it just doesn't seem to fit, so far at least

But at least it gives the town some purpose I guess. But even without that, the battle system glimpses we seen have done nothing for me
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#23Plant42Posted 4/7/2013 7:44:22 PM
It's not the gameplay that concerns me. I think it sounds like it could be pretty cool. My issue is how they pulled all these elements together in such a short amount of time. The game could end up being horribly unpolished.
#24YOUNHA-Posted 4/7/2013 7:46:42 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
YOUNHA- posted...
YOUNHA- posted...

I don't have real problems with it yet. But so far, SE did not show off anything interesting yet

It doesn't matter to me at this point. XIII was pretty cool. XIII-2 was okay, LR is getting repetitive. I'm so tired of seeing the same thing from SE Japan for 4 years now.

I kinda feel that way too. Though I'd imagine I'd feel a bit different if FFXIII-2 was a bit more likable. I don't mind returning to the same world and characters if they are good, but FFXIII-2 didn't exactly leave me too excited

This game is trying some new things, which is good. The world is almost completely different at least. But info on this game (so far) make me not care much. The fact that its a continuation to XIII-2 story anyways really doesn't help its case. But time will tell

Well, in an not-so-recent article, I think either Kitase or Toriyama stated you don't need to play previous titles to understand LR so that new and old players can jump in. So again, it's like XIII-2 to XIII. It really feels disjointed as a whole. Haha, I haven't post this much in a long time. Feels weird. ;p

I've seen a lot of games make this claim these days.

Me too. I don't post as much. But the past few weeks I come on more often now

I'm on Spring Break (finally). I need it. So hurray for that.
---
The Official Head Of The Established Secret Society Of T.R.R
SDB- "Crazy For You" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=4izc3i4Ulg0
#25heartlesshero17Posted 4/7/2013 7:48:17 PM
Plant42 posted...
It's not the gameplay that concerns me. I think it sounds like it could be pretty cool. My issue is how they pulled all these elements together in such a short amount of time. The game could end up being horribly unpolished.

Either they mastered the engine perfectly to the point they can release this game so soon nearly flawless, or they're just gonna patch the **** out of it once it releases and hope people don't care so much.

The timeline for this is pretty short, but they have experience with this system. So I don't know what to expect with how they polish it
---
-PainsPerception
#26heartlesshero17Posted 4/7/2013 7:49:48 PM
Oh congrats for that. I just ended up having a lot of free time again finally, and recent gaming news have brought me to post more. So yay!
---
-PainsPerception
#27Lelouch71Posted 4/7/2013 7:56:38 PM
Lelouch71 posted...

The gameplay not interesting me in LR is the worst part of it all. Cause usually that would be the main thing to draw me in.

The freeworld traveling and exploring makes it come off as cool looking and the continent thing is interesting(or would be once we see more). But the fact that despite Lightning new parkour skills and free roaming was added, it still needs to zone you into a different style for battles really clashes imo. Makes the whole free roaming and all this stuff look like random add ons just to attract attention even though the main gameplay(battle system) utilizes none of this. I don't give a **** about Versus yet, but at least such features would fit in perfectly there cause of the style of game they are going for. Here it just doesn't seem to fit, so far at least

But at least it gives the town some purpose I guess. But even without that, the battle system glimpses we seen have done nothing for me

I like the idea of an open world and the battle systems seems like a mix of its two prequels and FFX-2 with the whole dress up thing. So long I get to explore stuff and have some good fights I'm happy. Personally I think LR is nothing more than an experiment for their next major project. So they trying out new stuff that they might want to try out for FFXV or even Versus.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#28heartlesshero17Posted 4/7/2013 8:01:13 PM
I'm gonna need more info on the dress part since I am not to clear on it. But I hope that is cool.

Exploring, depending on how the world is designed, will be good at least. Everything else though makes me not care. At all.

Luckily, we are very early in on the marketing part. So hopefully they'll be some good stuff to look forward too
---
-PainsPerception
#29kratoscar2008Posted 4/7/2013 8:09:32 PM
Plant42 posted...

Dont worry Toriyama said this one would be the most polished game in the series *sarcasm*
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#30Elice_CarolPosted 4/8/2013 11:41:36 AM
Dont worry Toriyama said this one would be the most polished game in the series *sarcasm*

I wonder if he's made any similar outrageous statements in the past.
---
"I imagined many moons in the sky, lighting the way to freedom.'' - Cindi Mayweather
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/