Does FF Take Itself Too Seriously?

#21DragoonGriffithPosted 4/8/2013 6:26:18 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
The next FF should be a comedy.

With friendship and flowery all around.

Yeah, no. Never again
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Tempest.
#22Elice_CarolPosted 4/8/2013 7:20:39 AM
V was the best SNES FF for a reason......the Job System, but you knew that they never took the plot seriously. That's one thing I don't like about Lightning, she's far too serious and frigid for me to relate with.
---
"I imagined many moons in the sky, lighting the way to freedom.'' - Cindi Mayweather
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#23King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/8/2013 8:13:19 AM
I say Lightning needs to become comedian who delivers witty punchlines and jokes as she defeats her foes.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#24MagnaderAlphaPosted 4/8/2013 9:45:36 AM
Final Fantasy, especially nowadays(because it's more evident now that ever), DOES take itself too seriously, even thought it DOESN'T take itself seriously. Get it? It's like a child trying to pretend to be "mature" to wow his or her friends, though it doesn't make it any more mature that it is. One would even say, the act of trying to prove your maturity is immature in itself, because someone who is, in fact, mature, knows it and is comfortable with themselves and their own maturity to not care what others think. Trying to say you are "mature" is a form of bragging with the intent of making people think more of you, which is totally immature and childish.

That being said and in relation, Final Fantasy pretends to be more serious and deep than it actually has the capability of being. If anything, it's ALL BRAG(look at me, I can toss in deep random philosophical concepts, and look, crazy cinematic cut-scenes with action flying all over the place). Now, I have nothing with shallow plots. I've said this before, whether the plot and basic premise is shallow or deep never was a problem more than the execution of said plot. If you CAN pull off a deep story, than do it, but if you can't, DON'T. Stick to what you're good at.
#25Dinah7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:55:12 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
Final Fantasy, especially nowadays(because it's more evident now that ever), DOES take itself too seriously, even thought it DOESN'T take itself seriously. Get it? It's like a child trying to pretend to be "mature" to wow his or her friends, though it doesn't make it any more mature that it is. One would even say, the act of trying to prove your maturity is immature in itself, because someone who is, in fact, mature, knows it and is comfortable with themselves and their own maturity to not care what others think. Trying to say you are "mature" is a form of bragging with the intent of making people think more of you, which is totally immature and childish.

That being said and in relation, Final Fantasy pretends to be more serious and deep than it actually has the capability of being. If anything, it's ALL BRAG(look at me, I can toss in deep random philosophical concepts, and look, crazy cinematic cut-scenes with action flying all over the place). Now, I have nothing with shallow plots. I've said this before, whether the plot and basic premise is shallow or deep never was a problem more than the execution of said plot. If you CAN pull off a deep story, than do it, but if you can't, DON'T. Stick to what you're good at.

This tbh
#26Dinah7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 11:55:33 AM
^ this tbh
#27kirusuPosted 4/8/2013 11:57:28 AM
no but the fanbase does.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok
#28RomangeloPosted 4/8/2013 2:54:33 PM
Dinah7 posted...
Do we need another FF5 to lighten up the series? :)

Fixed.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I
#29chocolatesodaPosted 4/8/2013 3:12:56 PM
The next FF should be geared toward children with an emphasis on friendship like Kingdom Hearts.
#30Dinah7(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 3:51:10 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
The next FF should be geared toward children with an emphasis on friendship like Kingdom Hearts.

No. http://i.minus.com/i9pNn7NQArDz.gif