do you think FFXIII really meant to be a trilogy?

#31ArmPillow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 7:21:48 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
Where are the other poll options?

this is a simple enough question. i dont see a need for additional poll options.
#32King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/10/2013 7:50:51 PM
Let's just call it the trilogy of terror for Final Fantasy.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#33TheHolySummonPosted 4/10/2013 8:49:48 PM
I'm really not sure.
#34fftspPosted 4/10/2013 10:17:26 PM
I'm not sure, but I suspected that there was going to be a sequel for 13, since every FF since X has had one in one form or another (excluding 11), but I don't think they meant to do another sequel, I suspect that they couldn't finish it properly so they decided to make the sequel, and then they wanted to change up the battle system to be more action orientated and they decided to make it a solo party game because it would be hard to program all the possible combinations of the attacks since roles aren't rigid, and they chose lightning because she is the most prefered one in the trilogy (I wouldve prefered a fang and vannile game or just fang)
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#35Some_StaticPosted 4/10/2013 10:25:38 PM(edited)
You cannot look at the plot set-up for FF13-2 and tell me that was intentional, and fully planned from the beginning.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#36zombie_basher13Posted 4/10/2013 11:06:34 PM
Rodrigo996 posted...
XIII = Fal'Cies, psicom, coccon and pulse Lightning Snow Fang for main characters
XIII-2 = time paradox, 7 year old story Serah and noel for main characters

Almost no conection

Got high hopes for LR

This is due to SE's stupid self-imposed law that every single FF must be COMPLETELY different, even direct sequels. Look at X-2. Look at Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Tactics Advance, it goes on and on. They feel they need to change it up and turn it inside out with every game, but that's the sad thing: the main series should do that, not cuz it should be a law, but to encourage creativity, but now they're so hooked on that "WE MUST INNOVATE" idea that it does more harm than good. And what's even sadder is they are doing this with sequels instead of just making brand new FFs. Sigh.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#37zombie_basher13Posted 4/10/2013 11:08:48 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Of course it wasn't mean to be a trilogy. Very few games are designed with the idea that they're going to be a trilogy. Things just end up that way.

Well GOOD trilogies should be intended that way from the beginning, not WHOOPS kay guys, guess we're doin a trilogy! Which leads to plot holes and general disconnectedness.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#38TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/11/2013 12:12:13 AM
13-2 was commercially successful. Some of you seem to think it lost them money.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I have far superior grasp of the English language then you do.' - hyro56
#39Lindaru111Posted 4/11/2013 12:17:08 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Rodrigo996 posted...
XIII = Fal'Cies, psicom, coccon and pulse Lightning Snow Fang for main characters
XIII-2 = time paradox, 7 year old story Serah and noel for main characters

Almost no conection

Got high hopes for LR

This is due to SE's stupid self-imposed law that every single FF must be COMPLETELY different, even direct sequels. Look at X-2. Look at Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Tactics Advance, it goes on and on. They feel they need to change it up and turn it inside out with every game, but that's the sad thing: the main series should do that, not cuz it should be a law, but to encourage creativity, but now they're so hooked on that "WE MUST INNOVATE" idea that it does more harm than good. And what's even sadder is they are doing this with sequels instead of just making brand new FFs. Sigh.

And make every single sequel/prequel and spinoff as flashy as possible. *coughdissidia/crisiscorecough*
---
You don't need a reason to help people. - Zidane (FFIX)
#40arvilinoPosted 4/11/2013 3:45:37 AM
They intended it to be compilation like FF7. Because of that I find it unlikely the main numbered installment was going to be a single game without any direct sequel/prequels intended from the get-go and even more unlikely that the whole compilation was intended to be just 3 games(XIII,Type-0 and Versus).