Lightning Returns will have some competition this fall

#11MagiusNecrosPosted 4/12/2013 5:23:07 AM
LR has little chance against Pokemon
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#12King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/12/2013 6:02:00 AM(edited)
Competition implies that FF would be able to challenge the other games. It can not as it is no longer a must have day one buy. It will sell to the demographic it appeals to but certainly not as well as the other games which attract a wider demographic.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#13CokaineCowboy77Posted 4/12/2013 5:39:56 AM
My Little Pony will overshadow LR.

It's one big ass pony.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#14MalakTawusPosted 4/12/2013 5:45:37 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
I don't see the problem since those games are completely different.

Because some people can only buy so many games, if they see GTA V and LR and want to buy one game, chances are it will be GTA V.

Quite true, but from my experience people that buy jrpgs tend to give that genre priority (and jrpg is not a genre that attracts a lot of casual gamers like other genres like fps or sandbox games.....).
Of course if it comes out at the same time as GTAV LR sales will be affected, but not that much imo.
.......not to mention that it's also true the contrary, infact me and a lot of other frinds that i know that love jrpgs would buy LR instead of GTAV if they'll come out in the same period.
I'll probably buy GTAV later, but tbh unless they change a few things from GTAIV it won't appeal to me that much.

For example, they have multiple main character in GTAV and not even a woman, so disappointing.
At least one criminal woman could have provided way more variety to the game with a completely different approach to crimes.A wasted opportunity imo (before someone misunderstands:of course this is NOT the reason why i'm not convinced about the game,lol, this was just an example)
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#15Destroyer_MagePosted 4/12/2013 6:42:59 AM
I'll be getting LR:FFXIII before GTA:V because I'm one of the few peeps on this board that actually likes the XIII series (in fact I've liked every FF game except Dirge of Ceberus) and I'm liking all the info SE has given on this game so far. I'll probably get GTA:V in October if it plays better than GTA:IV.
---
Sims logic: Cheat on your wife, high five her till she forgives you.
Home sweet home https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFCMn3ECMAAxNf_.jpg
#16shinigami_matt(Moderator)Posted 4/12/2013 6:56:48 AM(edited)
I'm not getting GTAV because I haven't since it was fun. Which was a long time ago. Supposedly GTAV is suppose to bring back fun, but lol, we'll see.

Oh and the only one of three MC that look interesting. That bank robber. I don't want to spend two-thirds of the game playing as those other 2 clowns.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#17drsw36Posted 4/12/2013 8:11:45 AM
Since I hated GTA IV I wont be getting GTA V anytime soon. Maybe when its 20$ or less.

LR day one for me.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36
#18ClausudoisbackPosted 4/12/2013 8:37:43 AM
GTA IV is better than Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

I know it's a brutal truth.
#19arvilinoPosted 4/12/2013 8:44:45 AM(edited)
^Actually it could either be better or worse, that's the brutal truth.
#20drsw36Posted 4/12/2013 8:41:46 AM
Clausudoisback posted...
GTA IV is better than Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.

I know it's a brutal truth.

I want your time machine.
---
Proud owner of a : PC, PS3, XBOX360, PSP, DS, PS2, GC, Snes, WII.
http://www.youtube.com/user/drsw36