How come some people, who have played entire FF series....

#1zombie_basher13Posted 4/12/2013 4:57:38 PM
Have FF IV as their favorite or second favorite? I know people gots dem opinions but damn it all if it don't make sense to me or just flat out make me mad. HOW CAN YOU SAY FF IV IS THE BEST?! >:(

Ahem. So anyway, I was watching this incredibly intelligent guy on youtube, big FF fan and he reviewed all the games up to 12, he gave insight I had never seen before story-wise, but then he lost me at FF IV. He got all emotional, crying a little bit, gushing, said it was one of the best games ever made, top 5 in fact, I'm like wtf...of course he's like 30 years old so he's cynical and biased apparently, lives in the past good old days of wonderland nostalgia, but seriously...I've seen this a lot, where people say FF IV is one of the best if not the best. Why? The story is cliche, it's been topped by a million other things FF and non FF. It's simple, it's boring, IT'S OLD. Still good, but not the best dammit.

Yeah I know it's opinions but you know, there's also bias and selfishness and shortsightedness etc etc.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2Some_StaticPosted 4/12/2013 5:13:20 PM
Think about the context of the time he played it in-- not just in that he was young, but that the cliche was still awe-inspiring. The story has a clean, simple structure, but all those dark aspects too. Even I have to give it a little respect though I didn't play it until I was in my 20s.
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
Don't mess with Mrs. Chu; she'll put you in the soup.
#3MagiusNecrosPosted 4/12/2013 5:17:46 PM
FF5 is my favorite FF but not my favorite RPG.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#4VanilleHopenPosted 4/12/2013 5:25:14 PM
ffiv and ff vi are the most overrated by people on here that is common knowledge.. neither deserves the praise they get..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#5zodiac_swordPosted 4/12/2013 5:26:22 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
ffiv and ff vi are the most overrated by people on here that is common knowledge.. neither deserves the praise they get..

They deserve more praise than 13.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#6ArmPillowPosted 4/12/2013 5:30:52 PM
FFIV is probably the first FF game that guy's played. fans have a weird connection with their first FF.
#7Holy_WraithPosted 4/12/2013 5:39:47 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Have FF IV as their favorite or second favorite? I know people gots dem opinions but damn it all if it don't make sense to me or just flat out make me mad. HOW CAN YOU SAY FF IV IS THE BEST?! >:(

Ahem. So anyway, I was watching this incredibly intelligent guy on youtube, big FF fan and he reviewed all the games up to 12, he gave insight I had never seen before story-wise, but then he lost me at FF IV. He got all emotional, crying a little bit, gushing, said it was one of the best games ever made, top 5 in fact, I'm like wtf...of course he's like 30 years old so he's cynical and biased apparently, lives in the past good old days of wonderland nostalgia, but seriously...I've seen this a lot, where people say FF IV is one of the best if not the best. Why? The story is cliche, it's been topped by a million other things FF and non FF. It's simple, it's boring, IT'S OLD. Still good, but not the best dammit.

Yeah I know it's opinions but you know, there's also bias and selfishness and shortsightedness etc etc.

It's just like how you FF13 fanboys and fangirls are with FF13 and Lightning.
---
Gearbox screwed Aliens fans http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt
#8ArmPillowPosted 4/12/2013 5:43:30 PM
Holy_Wraith posted...

the same can be said for you haters.
#9VanilleHopenPosted 4/12/2013 5:44:19 PM
Holy_Wraith posted...

xiii had amazing graphics and battle system... ff iv and ff vi have neither
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#10Rodrigo996Posted 4/12/2013 5:53:40 PM
FF 13 had a amazing story. People say that it depended to mush in the datalog. But, dindn't Dishonored depended as hell on books to understand the world and mithology? At least if 13 you only had to read the mith and events of the first chapter. If you need the datalog after that, you certianly have a problem retaning information.