tbh, I'm really surprised so many guys don't like lightning.

#71OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 8:46:41 PM
TrippyPBA posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
Response to Ophelia : it wouldn't let me quote any longer

I guess I can see where you are coming from. For me though I tend to view every aspect of life as a competition where I want to do better than my peers. It's really not tailored specific towards women. It's all things in life. Perhaps I did use poor choice of wording in my original post though.

Just curious, how old are you Ophelia ? You seem pretty mature, which is a rarity around these parts

I'm 20 years old. o.o An old maid by jrpg terms.

And I guess I can understand that. :u Sounds like a hard way to live.

Only 20?!?! Wow, I was thinking more mid or late 20s. Very intelligent and open minded....most girls ...oh there I go almost putting my foot in my mouth again! Maybe I just surround myself with the wrong people who mislead me on things :/

20 question time for you : what was your favorite RPG out of my list?

Final Fantasy VI. Though I still haven't beat Xenosaga ep. 1 all the way, so it might overtake it. :o
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#72TrippyPBAPosted 4/17/2013 8:48:29 PM
mahroflcopter posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
mahroflcopter posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
Most guys , including myself, want a pretty trophy type girlfriend like Serah.

Correction: Sexist, living in the past, chauvinistic men want pretty trophy wives.

Whoaaaaa there! Get a hold of that edge it's quite sharp. Lemme guess your a "plus sized female" or a guy with very little luck when it comes to dating attractive females.

It's okay keep telling yourself it's all about what's on the inside ;)

I do not "own" the woman I am with, nor would I ever want to "own" her. She is not my "trophy". She is not an something for me to objectify and, every so often, f*** whenever I feel the urge. She is her own person, with her own dreams, aspirations, and ambitions.. Just like how I am not just a six pack with money to her. Or, when I'm old, a "grave to rob".

Strength of character, independence, strong will, the ability to think for one's self, a quick mind, intelligence, a sense of humor, the ability to stand on one's feet... these are the characteristics that I look for, appreciate, and place great importance on. I want someone who will challenge me intellectually. I want someone who will kick my ass so to speak and tell me "you're wrong" when I'm wrong. I want someone who I can rely on for emotional support while also being there to emotionally support her. I don't want submission. She's my partner, not my servant or slave. We are equal.

So no, I don't understand this so called "Man's code" just like you don't understand my point of view.

Wow! Look man, whatever happens....promise me ONE thing ok? You will never speak to my girlfriend . Hahahha

I kid I kid :)
---
Favorite RPGs - Earthbound, Xenosaga Ep.1, Final Fantasy VI, Tales of Graces F
#73_Spes_Posted 4/17/2013 8:49:46 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
_Spes_ posted...
I don't remember much about Claire. It is probably because of her lack of emotion and distancing personality. She is easily forgotten and I think that has a lot to do with why she is brushed over. You get small glimpses of emotion in her, so it is there. However, it is glossed over by her standoffish attitude. I think that turns people away, which is her intent. When I think about her, I feel like a hypocrite that I don't "love" her. Because she is like a female, me. Calm, collective, observant, introverted, difficult to read. Would I like myself, then? In some ways, she is a female Squall (whom is my favorite Final Fantasy character). I have a big heart, but would I date me? I love Squall because I relate to him a lot. I suppose I don't like Claire because we are shown that she is independent, but I would like to see her more human. Otherwise, she is an empty shell; a robot.

It could be that you see your own flaws reflected in her. o.o Trust me on this, I took like... one psychology class in college.

Good insight, but it isn't that. Not that this has anything to do with saying otherwise to your statement, but I majored in Psychology :)

I could relate to her in the sense of wanting more than superficial relationships, but when it comes to liking her, I feel/think that we don't see ENOUGH of "her." I want to feel her. I want to want her. But I don't. Even if she is cute behind her physique, she feels like someone who suffers from amnesia.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#74OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 8:55:24 PM
_Spes_ posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
_Spes_ posted...
I don't remember much about Claire. It is probably because of her lack of emotion and distancing personality. She is easily forgotten and I think that has a lot to do with why she is brushed over. You get small glimpses of emotion in her, so it is there. However, it is glossed over by her standoffish attitude. I think that turns people away, which is her intent. When I think about her, I feel like a hypocrite that I don't "love" her. Because she is like a female, me. Calm, collective, observant, introverted, difficult to read. Would I like myself, then? In some ways, she is a female Squall (whom is my favorite Final Fantasy character). I have a big heart, but would I date me? I love Squall because I relate to him a lot. I suppose I don't like Claire because we are shown that she is independent, but I would like to see her more human. Otherwise, she is an empty shell; a robot.

It could be that you see your own flaws reflected in her. o.o Trust me on this, I took like... one psychology class in college.

Good insight, but it isn't that. Not that this has anything to do with saying otherwise to your statement, but I majored in Psychology :)

I could relate to her in the sense of wanting more than superficial relationships, but when it comes to liking her, I feel/think that we don't see ENOUGH of "her." I want to feel her. I want to want her. But I don't. Even if she is cute behind her physique, she feels like someone who suffers from amnesia.

I was only kidding. o.o But you're a deep one. It is nice how you think through things like that. I've never given it much thought. I either like something or I don't.
---
#75TrippyPBAPosted 4/17/2013 8:55:46 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
TrippyPBA posted...
Response to Ophelia : it wouldn't let me quote any longer

I guess I can see where you are coming from. For me though I tend to view every aspect of life as a competition where I want to do better than my peers. It's really not tailored specific towards women. It's all things in life. Perhaps I did use poor choice of wording in my original post though.

Just curious, how old are you Ophelia ? You seem pretty mature, which is a rarity around these parts

I'm 20 years old. o.o An old maid by jrpg terms.

And I guess I can understand that. :u Sounds like a hard way to live.

Only 20?!?! Wow, I was thinking more mid or late 20s. Very intelligent and open minded....most girls ...oh there I go almost putting my foot in my mouth again! Maybe I just surround myself with the wrong people who mislead me on things :/

20 question time for you : what was your favorite RPG out of my list?

Final Fantasy VI. Though I still haven't beat Xenosaga ep. 1 all the way, so it might overtake it. :o

Mine too! I know it's early, and I don't wanna freak you out but We may just be Internet soulmates!!! (Yes those extra ! were necessary) haha

Xenosaga is awesome, most people get turned off because of how story driven it really is but I loved it. Also Shion is so bad*** right?!? If you have the time I would definitely recommend the entire trilogy. 2 is a little odd with the gameplay changes they made but 3 goes back to how it is in 1.

Now I've gotta think of another question...oh okay. The XIII trilogy, how do you feel about it
---
#76_Spes_Posted 4/17/2013 9:00:46 PM

I was only kidding. o.o But you're a deep one. It is nice how you think through things like that. I've never given it much thought. I either like something or I don't.

No, I know. That's why I included that tidbit about "not that this is saying otherwise..."
Yeah, I like to think about things like that. I want to be fair when thinking about someone's character. I wonder if one of the reasons Claire is becoming more sexualized is to make her seem more feminine. Rather than personality showing through, less clothing=more feminine. Not that I believe this, but I wonder if this is the train of thought. Someone mentioned Xenosaga. Lightning feels a lot like KOS-MOS. I loved KOS-MOS by the way. Difference is, though, I know she wasn't fully human.
---
Sic Parvis Magna
#77OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 9:01:14 PM
TrippyPBA posted...

Mine too! I know it's early, and I don't wanna freak you out but We may just be Internet soulmates!!! (Yes those extra ! were necessary) haha

Xenosaga is awesome, most people get turned off because of how story driven it really is but I loved it. Also Shion is so bad*** right?!? If you have the time I would definitely recommend the entire trilogy. 2 is a little odd with the gameplay changes they made but 3 goes back to how it is in 1.

Now I've gotta think of another question...oh okay. The XIII trilogy, how do you feel about it

Oh dear, I really hope you aren't hitting on me. :u

But yes, I've heard such things about the xenosaga series. :o I don't mind it being so story driven, just that it is so long. XD It dominates all my time when I try to play it.

And I think the XIII trilogy is alright. I don't hate it, and I think the games are fun. I just wish the writing was a bit better, dialogue wise.
---
#78TrippyPBAPosted 4/17/2013 9:26:48 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
TrippyPBA posted...

But yes, I've heard such things about the xenosaga series. :o I don't mind it being so story driven, just that it is so long. XD It dominates all my time when I try to play it.

And I think the XIII trilogy is alright. I don't hate it, and I think the games are fun. I just wish the writing was a bit better, dialogue wise.

Heheh no, no hitting on you I promise ;). Just some praise for how awesome you clearly are.

Ya Xenosaga is very long, that's why I mentioned the time thing. I remember some cutscenes went on for like 35 minutes straight lol. But I really loved how deep and interesting the story was so I didn't mind.

Question3 and 4of 20. Are you buying LR on release day? I'm not sure how much of a game you are...I typically play one RPG every few months. If you haven't already, check into the tales series. I recently discovered it and love it. So much so that I may go back and buy the games for ps2 and ps1
---
#79OpheliaAdenade(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2013 10:08:55 PM
TrippyPBA posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
TrippyPBA posted...

Heheh no, no hitting on you I promise ;). Just some praise for how awesome you clearly are.

Ya Xenosaga is very long, that's why I mentioned the time thing. I remember some cutscenes went on for like 35 minutes straight lol. But I really loved how deep and interesting the story was so I didn't mind.

Question3 and 4of 20. Are you buying LR on release day? I'm not sure how much of a game you are...I typically play one RPG every few months. If you haven't already, check into the tales series. I recently discovered it and love it. So much so that I may go back and buy the games for ps2 and ps1

I'm gonna try playing Xenosaga again after I finish Xenogears. :o The combat is sort of similar I noticed.

And that depends on if there are any nice preorder bonuses and stuff. If not I might wait till I've cleaned up my backlog a bit more. XD And I love the tales series. I've beat phantasia, destiny, graces f, and innocence so far, and I have eternia coming in the mail. :P
---
#80TrippyPBAPosted 4/17/2013 10:35:37 PM
Response to Ophelia :

Oh man I am a tales newb, I have only played graces F but I played the eff outta it. Close to 200 hours on my save file. Love that game.

You have a lot of the tales I was looking to play next. I am going to buy Xillia as soon as it releases also. Maybe you'll let me borrow the tales games you have later on down the road. Or if you are one of those who doesn't like lending games out we can just play through em together ya know? Hahaha ;) ( don't worry not hitting on you, just being playful!)

I really want to continue my 20 questions but my friend is coming by for a bit :/. I will look for you on this thread tomorrow so we can continue! Until then ~~
---