FF became a household name because of FFVII

#1ArmPillowPosted 4/19/2013 2:54:07 AM
FF became a household name because of FFVII? - Results (147 votes)
Yes. And you should thank Cloud and Sephiroth for that.
42.18% (62 votes)
No. Screw Cloud and Sephiroth. FF's sucess was because of FF *insert roman numeral here*
57.82% (85 votes)
This poll is now closed.
just a random thought.. what do you think?
---
R.I.P. LucasArts
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 4/19/2013 2:59:06 AM
Depending on how someone looks at it, that's either a good or bad thing.

But either way, from a sales standpoint and bringing in the most fans, FFVII did do that.
I don't regard it as a good thing, though.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#3Holy_WraithPosted 4/19/2013 2:59:21 AM
NO - Final Fantasy on NES and Final Fantasy II (aka FF4) on SNES
---
Gearbox screwed Aliens fans http://youtu.be/UGX2WE4QUw8
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt
#4ArmPillow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 3:09:39 AM
i think the answer might be based on one's birth year.
if you were born in the pre-PS era, no.
if you were born in the PS era, yes.
---
R.I.P. LucasArts
#5Holy_WraithPosted 4/19/2013 3:22:06 AM
ArmPillow posted...
i think the answer might be based on one's birth year.
if you were born in the pre-PS era, no.
if you were born in the PS era, yes.

Thats tricky logic because my first PS Final Fantasy games were FF8 and FF9. I didn't play FF7 until 2002 (and even back then it wasn't all that, it was a great game but not the best)
---
Currently playing Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Rising, Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt
#6MalakTawusPosted 4/19/2013 3:25:16 AM
Final Fantasy was already a popular serie before FFVII, but there is no doubt that FFVII was the game that gave Finalfintasy a completely new dimension worldwide..........actually FFVII is probably the game that changed the popularity of jrpgs in general (worldwide i mean).
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#7ArmPillow(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2013 3:27:35 AM
MalakTawus posted...
Final Fantasy was already a popular serie before FFVII, but there is no doubt that FFVII was the game that gave Finalfintasy a completely new dimension worldwide..........actually FFVII is probably the game that changed the popularity of jrpgs in general (worldwide i mean).

that's what i was trying to say actually. you articulated it perfectly. lol.
---
R.I.P. LucasArts
#8Holy_WraithPosted 4/19/2013 3:33:13 AM
MalakTawus posted...

It didn't, you just think that because FF7 was the only RPG around that time.
---
#9MalakTawusPosted 4/19/2013 3:51:31 AM(edited)
Holy_Wraith posted...
MalakTawus posted...

It didn't, you just think that because FF7 was the only RPG around that time.

What the hell are you saying? If you think like that you are clearly younger than me and you were too little to play rpgs before FFVII.

When FFVII came up i already had played other rpgs, but only a clueless person wouldn't notice how much more popular jrpgs genre became after FFVII.

Example: before FFVII i talked about jrpgs only with one (ONE!) friend that liked them (and we exchanged games), after FFVII tons of more people started playing jrpgs.

So, in conclusion, don't talk about things that you don't know.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#10kupo1705Posted 4/19/2013 4:20:46 AM
It always seemed to me like it was Pokemon that made RPGs big.
Nobody actually talked about about FFVII, even though the PS1 was huge.
Everyone did talk about Pokemon though.

That's just what I experienced, I don't know how it was elsewhere.