FF became a household name because of FFVII

#31DragoonGriffithPosted 4/19/2013 12:45:01 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
Ok kupo, ok, whatever you say.........

Translation- I'm out of arguments so I shall use the old Kupo stereotype.

Which is fine and good, but I think that we both know that it rarely happens that kupo stops arguing before he knows he's right.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#32hyro56Posted 4/19/2013 12:57:41 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

Pretty much. People should start actually trying to counter kupo by using legitimate points instead throwing their hands up in the air being like "kupo mastertrole2013".
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#33MalakTawusPosted 4/19/2013 1:11:04 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

No the actual translation- I know that kupo will never stop before me and since i'm not someone like kupo that makes hundreds of posts every day, once i have explained my opinion in a satisfying way for me i know it's pointless to continue an endless discussion where i know that i wil NEVER have the last word anyway.

I have never seen someone have a last word in a discussion with kupo (probably happened sometimes, but surely with people that have much more endurance than me,lol), unless it completely degenerates (happens often), and since i have no intention and not even time to do non-stop replies i understood that it's important knowing when to stop the discussion.

If you instead prefer to do endless discussions, feel free to do so, just stop thinking that everyone should follow your example.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#34The_DOAMPosted 4/19/2013 1:38:13 PM
Evolution aside Pokemon did have a larger impact on RPG's as a whole. Pokemon isn't a game but a brand. TV shows, toys, snack, and basically the entire gamut of merchandising. It brought turned based gameplay and the genre as whole to a generation and brought in those who have yet to even touch a video game.

Modern Rpg's are nothing more than futile attempt at creating a living world and characters. You know nothing of the characters and you know nothing about the world in which they live. Pokemon derives this by connecting all forms of media. You don't need an hour long to explain the origins and such for each character doing such and such. An RPG is nothing more than completing a task and everything else is to breed life into the character and the world. Pokemon does this from anime and manga and having you actually play the main character.

Modern RPG's if people have played them are all about the means to say they have a higher focus on characters and story is ludicrous. It all means in other worlds how you go about doing what you do in any RPG. Character's all fit the same stereotypical role doing the same stereotypical objective and built up and developed in the same fashion. Only difference between any modern RPG is the battle system.

Tales, FF, SO, ect.. all have the same cookie cutter format telling the same rehashed stories the age where developers actually tried to make decent RPG is over it's nothing but distracting people with flashy attacks and cinema. All this talk of modern RPG's is utter nonsense. The entire idea of trying to crame what makes a jrpg in a box is the exact reason why there is a drastic decline in the quality of RPG. Also Kupo is correct in his assumptions and I can pretty much make an assumption of the ages of the people on this board and their overall experiences they have with these types of games.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#35sniffyPosted 4/19/2013 1:45:47 PM
No no no.

Final Fantasy became a household name due to Final Fantasy 6. The series was just finding its audience with FF4, and FF6 contains everything that makes Final Fantasy what it is.

FF7 was the beginning of the series downturn, starting with the weakening of Sakaguchi's power, the elevation of Kitase's power, and the rise of hacks like Nomura and Toriyama.
---
some girls are bigger than others, and some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers...
#36j-fielding95Posted 4/19/2013 2:21:25 PM
MalakTawus posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

No the actual translation- I know that kupo will never stop before me and since i'm not someone like kupo that makes hundreds of posts every day, once i have explained my opinion in a satisfying way for me i know it's pointless to continue an endless discussion where i know that i wil NEVER have the last word anyway.

I have never seen someone have a last word in a discussion with kupo (probably happened sometimes, but surely with people that have much more endurance than me,lol), unless it completely degenerates (happens often), and since i have no intention and not even time to do non-stop replies i understood that it's important knowing when to stop the discussion.

If you instead prefer to do endless discussions, feel free to do so, just stop thinking that everyone should follow your example.

I got the last word when he dared to call Persona a dating sim.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#37MalakTawusPosted 4/19/2013 2:29:16 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
MalakTawus posted...

I got the last word when he dared to call Persona a dating sim.

Congratulations, something tells me that it wasn't a 3-4 posts battle,lol.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#38MysteryVeilPosted 4/19/2013 3:17:49 PM
sniffy posted...
No no no.

Final Fantasy became a household name due to Final Fantasy 6. The series was just finding its audience with FF4, and FF6 contains everything that makes Final Fantasy what it is.

FF7 was the beginning of the series downturn, starting with the weakening of Sakaguchi's power, the elevation of Kitase's power, and the rise of hacks like Nomura and Toriyama.

Someone sounds a tad bitter.

It's okay.

*pats head*
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#39hyro56Posted 4/19/2013 3:34:13 PM
I always thought FF became wide spread because of Final Fantasy X.
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#40darkphoenix181Posted 4/19/2013 3:40:08 PM
hyro56 posted...
I always thought FF became wide spread because of Final Fantasy X.

you thought wrong
---
proud owner of Pikanips