Just finished the Lightning DLC in XIII-2...

#11j-fielding95Posted 4/21/2013 10:31:09 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
You guys are seriously happy about paying for the ending? i bought the CE of XIII-2 and I felt completely ripped off I had to buy the ending to a game I shelled $80 out for. Even Bioware gave fans the Extended Cut for free for the atrocious ending they provided with the vanilla game, yeah the DLC had combat in it but it was a slap in the face to fans who expected an actual conclusion for the game they bought.

I didn't pay for an ending, last I checked Serah's story concluded on the disc.

I would hardly call that an ending.

The game ended. That's an ending.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#12Rodrigo996Posted 4/21/2013 10:37:05 AM
j-fielding95 posted...

To get to LR you must see Lightning's ending.
#13j-fielding95Posted 4/21/2013 10:38:39 AM
Rodrigo996 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Why must you?
---
#14DarkFists(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 12:12:48 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
Rodrigo996 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Why must you?

Either they were being sarcastic, or they meant that it was a bridge between the 2. I technically didn't pay for it, since I bought Lightning and Snow's DLC with the free $10 that I got back from PSN...but I am happy with the ending nonetheless. Sure, it would have been great if that was the actual true ending, heck, it would have prepared us for this game, but at least it happened, and it wasn't some overpriced $10 "expansion"

I do admit that the fight in the Lightning DLC was the best fight in the game, and Chaos Bahamut was a pain...had to get Level 10 to 5 star him...
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#15chaosflame108Posted 4/21/2013 12:48:18 PM
LOL no, Lightning's dlc is not essential in order to comprehend "Returns." The datalog is more than adequate. After beating the game, the datalog updates with a section about Lightning; saying something like "After growing weary from her endless battles with Caius, she decides to enter into a crystal sleep; with a single wish in her heart."
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#16Hyun-JiPosted 4/21/2013 12:51:28 PM
The combat was truly something. I remember playing it over and over when I first bought the DLC.
---
"My eyes, my ears, my lips, my hands, my heart, my soul...remembers you"
#17Lindaru111Posted 4/22/2013 2:08:12 AM
dils-d posted...
I like how high everyone's expectations were when it was first announced.

And how disappointed they were after.

And how broken V.Lightning is "if str was over 1000+"
Eat your heart out Chichu!
---
You don't need a reason to help people - Zidane (FFIX)
#18GigerSupremePosted 4/22/2013 2:12:34 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
You guys are seriously happy about paying for the ending? i bought the CE of XIII-2 and I felt completely ripped off I had to buy the ending to a game I shelled $80 out for. Even Bioware gave fans the Extended Cut for free for the atrocious ending they provided with the vanilla game, yeah the DLC had combat in it but it was a slap in the face to fans who expected an actual conclusion for the game they bought.

i bet if the power goes out during a tv show, i bet you would call that a fitting ending to the story too huh?
#19GigerSupremePosted 4/22/2013 2:13:49 AM
chaosflame108 posted...
LOL no, Lightning's dlc is not essential in order to comprehend "Returns." The datalog is more than adequate. After beating the game, the datalog updates with a section about Lightning; saying something like "After growing weary from her endless battles with Caius, she decides to enter into a crystal sleep; with a single wish in her heart."

yes, lets read about it instead of showing us the ending.

what a crock...
#20j-fielding95Posted 4/22/2013 3:22:23 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
Necro_Fear89 posted...

i bet if the power goes out during a tv show, i bet you would call that a fitting ending to the story too huh?

Nope. However I would call the conclusion to the story as an ending. The standard XIII-2 ending concluded Serah's story, therefore it was an end to XIII-2, which was Serah's story.
---