How old were you when you played your first Final Fantasy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. How old were you when you played your first Final Fantasy?
3 years ago#31
I was 8, and started with FF8, heh
PSN=Gelthidor
3 years ago#32
Probably 10 or 11.
Coming 2014 calling it I'll be reverend on the internet by my predictions. Haters can doubt all they want but they can't deny that Versus' arrival is imminent.
3 years ago#33
5 ff1
3 years ago#34
Five. I played VII when it first came out at a friend's house. He let me borrow the first disc after he beat it, and I didn't particularly get into it. I didn't mind it, though. I then purchased VIII, well my parents did when it came out, and I quite liked it. I got to disc 3 and gave up, but I still enjoy a lot of what I played and understood. I ended up not buying IX, though I borrowed it a lot from a friend.
Favourite Final Fantasy? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/704528-final-fantasy-xv/65961290
3 years ago#35
mystic quest, i was 8.
3 years ago#36
I was about 11-12 when I played FF Tactics for the PS1. I wasn't much of a gamer back then so I actually never heard of Final Fantasy before that and I assumed the series contained all SRPGs like FFT, lol. After that I got into 5 and 6 with FF Anthology and worked my way forward and backtracked with remakes and checked out the other sequels, prequels, spin-offs and what not.

I think because I started out with that SRPG game I was pretty open to the changes and evolution seen in the series over the years since I came on board with such a radically different game from the franchise. Regardless, FFT is still one of my all time fave games ever ^^
3 years ago#37
GT-Jake Muller91, PS3 X0XNixonX0X my top 5 games ever
1.zelda oot 2. Ffx 3. Dark cloud2 4. Resident evil 4 5.Heavy rain
3 years ago#38
I was about 12 - 15 years old when I first time played FFIX
You don't need a reason to help people - Zidane (FFIX)
3 years ago#39
I was seven when I first played IX in early 2001. My cousin had bought it when it came out, having been playing since the SNES days himself, and I became fascinated by the game watching him play. I gave it a go myself, but was never able to pass Gizamaluke's Grotto.

A few years later, my cousin happened to acquire FFs VII and IX in a deal from Cash Converters, and passed them on to me. I remember starting up VII, and wondering why that scene with the candle wasn't appearing like I remembered. I then started up IX, found that scene, and subsequently finished it only a week later aged eleven. I've been playing Final Fantasy religiously since.
I would prefer to be known as BlackWaltzTheThird, or just Waltz for short.
Official Froakie of the Pokemon X boards.
3 years ago#40
I was 4, the first time I played FFVI on my parents' SNES. Man, I love that game. Not as much as XII, mind you, but it's still very good.
"Be confident, think positive!"
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. How old were you when you played your first Final Fantasy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived