Spoony's FFXIII 'review' part 3

#201kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:09:28 AM
KittenSndwchmkr posted...
kupo1705 posted...

You'll learn to like it.

I don't like people telling me what I will do.

Go to your room, Jimmy.
#202kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:10:31 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
There's still voting involved.

Depends.

I said this is a democracy, so it's a democracy.
#203KittenSndwchmkrPosted 4/22/2013 9:10:33 AM
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

You'll learn to like it.

Go to your room, Jimmy.

I shall not do it.
---
"Yes there is a country named Polland. Perhaps your geographic history needs to be learned again" -MewMewFan/Alantor
#204kupo1705(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 9:12:00 AM
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

You'll learn to like it.

Go to your room, Jimmy.

I shall not do it.

You don't have a say in the matter.
#205KittenSndwchmkrPosted 4/22/2013 9:17:31 AM
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...
kupo1705 posted...

You'll learn to like it.

Go to your room, Jimmy.

I shall not do it.

You don't have a say in the matter.

*stays anyways*
---
"Yes there is a country named Polland. Perhaps your geographic history needs to be learned again" -MewMewFan/Alantor
#206xhominidPosted 4/22/2013 10:42:41 AM
I just gotta lol at Kitten.

He keeps saying how pathetic Fielding is, but all I see is how low can a hater sink and try to act like he's "factual" at the same time...
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#207ReposessionManPosted 4/22/2013 10:44:28 AM
xhominid posted...
I just gotta lol at Kitten.

He keeps saying how pathetic Fielding is, but all I see is how low can a hater sink and try to act like he's "factual" at the same time...

The name is Val. Better remember it if you want to join my army of haters.
---
Ni no Kuni: The most overhyped game ever released.
#208xhominidPosted 4/22/2013 10:46:00 AM
The name is Val. Better remember it if you want to join my army of haters.

Not a hater though, try again please.
---
When you're Minato it means putting them both doggy style, putting seals on their asses and teleport-popping them like a beast. -NaughtyGhost
#209kirusuPosted 4/22/2013 1:28:09 PM
i see why this game is bashed, and how some people call this game a none final fantasy game.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok
#210NecronmonPosted 4/22/2013 9:41:19 PM
Well, this got off track but ill try and answer those answers.

Firstly, once more they may not be worthless actions but as I said they take far to much time to get anywhere.

I hope Spoony addresses this, but do you all realize that by the time in chapter 11 when your finally out of Cocoon your more or less in the same place story wise as you were in FF 7 when you left Midgar?

The key difference is that in FF 7 that was just barley 25 percent done with the game, story or game play wise, where as in 13 this was like at the least, 70 percent in to the game story and game play wise!

What really hits home is that FF 13's overall story is much shorter then most of the FF games before it, it just feels long because they just repeating the same points over and over and there is so little real movement in the story that its just inexcusable.

As for the gameplay, its NOT deeper. No, the reality is that its really, really simple because when it boils down to it every boss fight just boils down to defense mode, then heal and support mode, then attack, and then endless cycle till you win, for just about every fight in the game. With how little items there are, how extra and truly unique skills like Blue Magic, miming, throwing items and all those skills from past games all gone, and with summons nearly worthless there really is only one way to fight in the game, even if you could argue that you had to win boss fights in only one way in past games at least you could argue they gave the illusion of more then one option.

So, that's my retort so far, oh and in advance, I am just saying I thought Orphan was a horrible main bad guy, and some how is even worst then the NES main bad guys.

You can argue about the " deepness" of his motive but when it comes down to it the main bad guy is a bizarre looking tick that does everything just because it wants to die, and the fact that it only shows up at the very end makes it even more lame, even Yu Yevion had more dignity for at least having a motive that's not asinine.