Can they even fix the bad storyline? *spoilers*

#151theofficefan99Posted 4/27/2013 9:40:22 AM
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
"They combined their power with Etro's and that's how they did it."

You are so full of ****. If you tell me that you knew it was Etro who decrystallized the party and took their l'Cie curse away you are lying. Before XIII-2 and the Ultimania, Etro was only mentioned twice and not even by name throughout the whole game. And you can't even see her during the ending. You were apparently just supposed to know that the blue structure behind Orphan and the one floating in Eden was a sign of Etro's intervention.

There was no way for you to know this until the Ultimania came out. If you say otherwise, you're lying. I think you even admitted before that you didn't know, but we'll see what you say this time.

And the worst part is that when the ending finally makes sense you realize that it's terrible writing, filled with people using the "power of their will" along with Deus Ex Machinas to save the day. Really bad. You can tell that they were probably planning some tragic ending until someone at SE said "no no no this is too sad for a numbered FF title!!!" and they had to change it to something horribly written like this, and that's okay, because people will eat it up anyway, I guess.

Clown, where did I state I knew who saved them? I said "I that I didn't need to take a long time to figure out something if the info is present right in front of me"

sicko26us posted...
And this is why I say he is making p his own version of the story.

it's not "divine intervention" that saves Cocoon as some people have mentioned in other topics.

Technically, it is. The party used the power of Etro to create the "miracles" that occurred in the end.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/57378037?page=1

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/faqs/63575 (Hit Ctrl+F type in Miracles)

And in the finale, there was no info present right in front of you to fully comprehend it. That's my point. Until the Ultimania and XIII-2 were released, the finale made no sense.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#152sicko26usPosted 4/27/2013 9:41:20 AM
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

You are so full of ****. If you tell me that you knew it was Etro who decrystallized the party and took their l'Cie curse away you are lying. Before XIII-2 and the Ultimania, Etro was only mentioned twice and not even by name throughout the whole game. And you can't even see her during the ending. You were apparently just supposed to know that the blue structure behind Orphan and the one floating in Eden was a sign of Etro's intervention.

There was no way for you to know this until the Ultimania came out. If you say otherwise, you're lying. I think you even admitted before that you didn't know, but we'll see what you say this time.

And the worst part is that when the ending finally makes sense you realize that it's terrible writing, filled with people using the "power of their will" along with Deus Ex Machinas to save the day. Really bad. You can tell that they were probably planning some tragic ending until someone at SE said "no no no this is too sad for a numbered FF title!!!" and they had to change it to something horribly written like this, and that's okay, because people will eat it up anyway, I guess.

Clown, where did I state I knew who saved them? I said "I that I didn't need to take a long time to figure out something if the info is present right in front of me"

sicko26us posted...

it's not "divine intervention" that saves Cocoon as some people have mentioned in other topics.

Technically, it is. The party used the power of Etro to create the "miracles" that occurred in the end.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/faqs/63575 (Hit Ctrl+F type in Miracles)

Interesting read, a few problems though NONE OF IT WAS EXPLAINED IN STORY.

From the first link:
"Does anyone have a translation of the FF13 Ultimania"
"Maybe if I get a chance I'll actually translate it."

He can read Japanese and has the Ultimania.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#153roxas9001Posted 4/27/2013 12:22:22 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

sicko26us posted...

And in the finale, there was no info present right in front of you to fully comprehend it. That's my point. Until the Ultimania and XIII-2 were released, the finale made no sense.

That's why I study the post game Analects.
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board
#154sicko26usPosted 4/27/2013 8:56:10 PM
roxas9001 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
roxas9001 posted...

sicko26us posted...

That's why I study the post game Analects.

And that my friend is the real problem with 13 (and FNC in general) you should not have to "study" for a game to make sense.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#155TrueBURPPosted 4/28/2013 11:41:48 AM
I don't have the slightest hope they can fix it. But whatever, let's see what will come.
---
SCREAM POETRY...
#156Elice_CarolPosted 4/28/2013 2:06:21 PM
And that my friend is the real problem with 13 (and FNC in general) you should not have to "study" for a game to make sense.

But that's what makes the story fun. I hate plots that are simply laid out for me, so if I'm given something that I can dig into the find out the full story I feel a lot more fulfilled in the end. You're all just mad that this saga (with it's piss-poor writing) is 3deep5you.
---
"I imagined many moons in the sky, lighting the way to freedom.'' - Cindi Mayweather
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n496/Elice_Carol/
#157j-fielding95Posted 4/28/2013 3:47:08 PM(edited)
Elice_Carol posted...

But that's what makes the story fun. I hate plots that are simply laid out for me, so if I'm given something that I can dig into the find out the full story I feel a lot more fulfilled in the end. You're all just mad that this saga (with it's piss-poor writing) is 3deep5you.

This.

Did I get Bioshock Infinite's ending the first time the credits hit? No. Did I get XIII's ending the first time the credits hit? No. Yet these two endings were among the best for me because you had to search around a bit. I loved finding out Etro was responsible, then replaying and seeing all those signs I didn't see before, those gates I didn't see before, and understanding why they had the vision. I loved unravelling Infinite's ending for days after it came out tidying all the details and plot threads until I got to the explanation of what happened.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#158zodiac_swordPosted 4/28/2013 3:59:46 PM
Elice_Carol posted...

Usually you have to study scenes from the game. I shouldn't have to stop playing and go into a book (in game or not) to know what this game is about (ex. knowing of the existence of a deity who apparently saved my ass at the end of the game.)
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#159theofficefan99Posted 4/28/2013 6:22:23 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

This.

Did I get Bioshock Infinite's ending the first time the credits hit? No. Did I get XIII's ending the first time the credits hit? No. Yet these two endings were among the best for me because you had to search around a bit. I loved finding out Etro was responsible, then replaying and seeing all those signs I didn't see before, those gates I didn't see before, and understanding why they had the vision. I loved unravelling Infinite's ending for days after it came out tidying all the details and plot threads until I got to the explanation of what happened.

Oh dear ****ing lord.

Infinite's ending is expertly crafted.

XIII's ending is a piece of ****, as it's a collection of asspulls and Deus Ex Machinas that aren't even apparent until the Ultimania and XIII-2 came out. There is no way to know that it was Etro behind certain events. This information was handed to you on a silver platter, but outside of the game itself. It's not deep, nor is it good writing.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#160roxas9001Posted 4/28/2013 6:44:43 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

This.

Oh dear ****ing lord.

Infinite's ending is expertly crafted.

XIII's ending is a piece of ****, as it's a collection of asspulls and Deus Ex Machinas that aren't even apparent until the Ultimania and XIII-2 came out. There is no way to know that it was Etro behind certain events. This information was handed to you on a silver platter, but outside of the game itself. It's not deep, nor is it good writing.

The Analects spell out what happens. You seem angry, its no ones fault that you scream plothole or asspull for everything instead of using the following combo reading+thinking.
---
Nanomachines, Son
Official Zidane Tribal of the FFXV Board