Predict the amount of discs this game will have.

#1theofficefan99Posted 4/21/2013 10:21:29 PM
Predict the amount of discs this game will have. - Results (144 votes)
72.92% (105 votes)
7.64% (11 votes)
5.56% (8 votes)
2.08% (3 votes)
5+
11.81% (17 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Obviously, I'm talking about the 360 version, and on the PS3 version, we can think of "how many climaxes" or whatnot.

As you know, XIII was 3 discs, and it would have been more had the CGI cutscenes been uncompressed. XIII-2 was just 1 disc.

How many discs do you think Lightning Returns will be?

I personally think that the game will be 2 discs. The 13 days will be all on Disc 1, and the last portion of the game, after the 13 days are done, will be Disc 2. This will be done so that those who fail to meet certain requirements and restart the game so that they can explore the world more and also complete objectives they didn't get to won't have to change discs a billion times around, and Disc 2 will be SE's way of ending this trilogy with a bang.

What do you guys think?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2GigerSupremePosted 4/21/2013 10:22:50 PM
they will probably keep it as one disk.

they keep cutting the budgets for these games, so im expecting it to be even smaller in scope copared to 13-2.
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2013 10:25:56 PM
GigerSupreme posted...

they keep cutting the budgets for these games, so im expecting it to be even smaller in scope copared to 13-2.

Eh, if I have to be completely honest, it seems like they're being less lazy with this game, evidenced by the fact that they're re-using less assets and less than 50% of the monsters are recycled, whereas in XIII-2 pretty much every location blatantly re-used assets and literally 99% of the monsters were recycled from XIII.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4kupo1705Posted 4/21/2013 10:59:05 PM
One
#5GigerSupremePosted 4/21/2013 11:05:33 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

Eh, if I have to be completely honest, it seems like they're being less lazy with this game, evidenced by the fact that they're re-using less assets and less than 50% of the monsters are recycled, whereas in XIII-2 pretty much every location blatantly re-used assets and literally 99% of the monsters were recycled from XIII.

because they are making new areas is reason to believe there will be fewer areas.
#6j-fielding95Posted 4/21/2013 11:18:41 PM
GigerSupreme posted...

because they are making new areas is reason to believe there will be fewer areas.

This is my problem. If they could manage the size of XIII-2 by reusing assets, I really doubt the world map will be as substantial.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#7GigerSupremePosted 4/21/2013 11:29:17 PM
also, who is to say that the new areas will actually be NEW areas and not just more left overs from the multitude of unusable content from 13 and 13-2 that wasnt used?

im positive this game will be made up of crap that wasnt even good enough for 13 and 13-2.

this will be the bottom of the proverbial barrel that is the ff13 art assets.
#8j-fielding95Posted 4/21/2013 11:41:45 PM
To answer the question, 1 disc.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#9fftspPosted 4/22/2013 1:29:55 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
also, who is to say that the new areas will actually be NEW areas and not just more left overs from the multitude of unusable content from 13 and 13-2 that wasnt used?

im positive this game will be made up of crap that wasnt even good enough for 13 and 13-2.

I can see it now, they converted lightnings house into a huge desert and a forest, mustve been bigger inside there than I thought
---
This place reminds me that common sense isn't that common
#10GigerSupremePosted 4/22/2013 1:41:20 AM
fftsp posted...
GigerSupreme posted...

I can see it now, they converted lightnings house into a huge desert and a forest, mustve been bigger inside there than I thought

you mean the crystal forrest from ff13 that will be reskinned? and the desert from ff13-2 that will be reskinned?