bottom of the barrel

#1GigerSupremePosted 4/22/2013 1:47:42 AM
"Art director Isamu Kamikokuryo revealed that many additional scenarios such as Lightning's home, which were functioning in an unreleased build during development, were left out of the final version due to concerns about the game's length and volume.[65] Kamikokuryo said the content they cut was, in itself, enough to make another game.[65] According to Toriyama, the cuts were made in "various stages of [the game's] development", and that some of the content was removed just before the game's completion."

so they made enough content for 3 games?

they are just ona scrape the bottom of the ff13 garbage bin and cobble it up together and call it a game, huh?
so that means this game will be made up of crap that wasnt even good enough for the first 2 tries...

this is a very bad sign, and i really feel bad for anyone who is expecting this to be a good game. it really sucks to be a final fantasy fan these days, even star wars fans don't have it this bad.
#2dils-dPosted 4/22/2013 1:49:14 AM
The whole game will be a long QTE.
---
http://goo.gl/ItGkV http://goo.gl/dyCJv
mah baybeh
#3kupo1705Posted 4/22/2013 1:50:51 AM
I'm looking forward to Episode VII, so I don't have it bad at all.
#4GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:51:34 AM
"Yoshinori Kitase stated that they "didn't really intend to work within the RPG template," but "wanted to create a new game, even a new genre." He stated that "in a lot of senses FFXIII is more like an FPS than an RPG."[126]"

WHAT THE!??

SE is so stupid.
#5GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:57:35 AM
"Square Enix president Yoichi Wada made his thoughts about the reception of the game known to Gamasutra. He said "some value it highly and some are not very happy with it".[128] He added, "Should Final Fantasy become a new type of game or should Final Fantasy not become a new type of game? The customers have different opinions. It's very difficult to determine which way it should go."[128]
[edit]"

listen up Wada...

if you wanted to male a new type of game, then make a new type of game that has nothing to do with final fantasy.

when people buy a final fantasy game, there are certain expectations that must be met that have been established since first games. it would be like foing to see a jame bond movie, and instead of seeing james bond to cool secret spy stuff, he would just sit around in a court room acting like a cool lawyer for 2 hours and sometimes access the web to do some research.

sure it would be different, but different isnt always better, especially when dealing with a 20 year old franchise that has certain expectations.
#6GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 1:59:09 AM
kupo1705 posted...

ep 7 might be good. it has a director who has a proven track record with sci fi action. a screen writer who isnt george lucas, and has more going for it than ff13-3 does.
#7kupo1705Posted 4/22/2013 2:06:18 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
kupo1705 posted...

ep 7 might be good. it has a director who has a proven track record with sci fi action. a screen writer who isnt george lucas, and has more going for it than ff13-3 does.

I don't know too much about him. I wasn't a fan of his Star Trek reboot, though that has more to do with it not being like ST, not because it was a bad movie.
#8GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:08:48 AM
kupo1705 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
kupo1705 posted...

I don't know too much about him. I wasn't a fan of his Star Trek reboot, though that has more to do with it not being like ST, not because it was a bad movie.

i personally dont care for jj abrams, he is a very vanilla director with no style of his own or has any unique vision. he was a safe choice.

to me a young, bold and fresh filmmaker wouldve been preferable. someone like niell blompkamp (district 9, elysium,) or duncan jones (moon, source code) would be much better and creative choices for a star wars film.
#9kupo1705Posted 4/22/2013 2:15:17 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
kupo1705 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
kupo1705 posted...

i personally dont care for jj abrams, he is a very vanilla director with no style of his own or has any unique vision. he was a safe choice.

to me a young, bold and fresh filmmaker wouldve been preferable. someone like niell blompkamp (district 9, elysium,) or duncan jones (moon, source code) would be much better and creative choices for a star wars film.

As long as he doesn't have the same mentality of Lucas who wants to put as much crap on the screen as possible, and thinks lightsaber fights are about epic flashy battles, it should be fine.
It can't be worse than I, II and III at least.
#10GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:23:00 AM
kupo1705 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
kupo1705 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
kupo1705 posted...

As long as he doesn't have the same mentality of Lucas who wants to put as much crap on the screen as possible, and thinks lightsaber fights are about epic flashy battles, it should be fine.
It can't be worse than I, II and III at least.

as vanilla as jj abrams is, i am positive that ep7 wont be as bad as any of the prequels.