bottom of the barrel

#31GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 2:59:23 AM
Vaan4King posted...
Let's name the things that were reused from FFXIII. The mystics room in serendipity used to be Lightnings house (if you look at the worst bday ever scene you'll see the same statue in the backround). The monorail was in the beginning of FFXIII and is now being used in LR. Noel was Fangs male version (pre-FFXIII) and (this part is just speculation)I think Yeul was most probably female Hope. Also, Gogmagog's design looks like Anima from FFX so it was probably cut from XIII as a potential Falcie or Eidolon. Gilgamesh was also cut from XIII (he was supposed to be a giant Falcie walking around Pulse).

you forgot to mention like almost all of the monsters are recycled.

dont forget the areas that were most obviously unused areas from gran pulse.
#32heartlesshero17Posted 4/22/2013 3:16:53 AM
Would've been awesome if they used this extra content for a new series in general. Nothing FF related, but something like last remnant for example. Would of been nice if SE Japan released more console ips. That and people wouldn't be able to say SE only cares about FF. Best part is nobody would have ever known it was really FFXIII in disguise XD
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#33GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:19:28 AM
"Tsuchida's concept for the battle system was to maintain the strategic nature of command-based battles. The system stemmed from a desire to create battles similar to those found in the film Final Fantasy VII Advent Children."

so you wanted to make a battle system based off of a movie, a medium in which players have no control or real agency over anything... there was no strategy in advent children... it was a stupid movie.
#34Lindaru111Posted 4/22/2013 3:23:14 AM
Heavy Rain: FFXIII Edition

Press Triangle to Serah / Reaction Command Win?

*shudders*
---
You don't need a reason to help people - Zidane (FFIX)
#35GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:31:47 AM
Lindaru111 posted...
Heavy Rain: FFXIII Edition

Press Triangle to Serah / Reaction Command Win?

*shudders*

more likely to happen sonner than you realize.

ff13-2 had a bunch of qtes in it.
#36Breastmilkn_DipPosted 4/22/2013 3:38:04 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
district 9

moon

Two excellent films.
-
--
---
lysa-tully.nom
#37GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 3:43:10 AM
Breastmilkn_Dip posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
district 9

moon

Two excellent films.
-
--

truly.

if you liked moon, i highly reccomend "source code". its like quantum leap meets groundhogs day... with a sci-fi horror twist.
#38j-fielding95Posted 4/22/2013 4:26:11 AM
GigerSupreme posted...
"Art director Isamu Kamikokuryo revealed that many additional scenarios such as Lightning's home, which were functioning in an unreleased build during development, were left out of the final version due to concerns about the game's length and volume.[65] Kamikokuryo said the content they cut was, in itself, enough to make another game.[65] According to Toriyama, the cuts were made in "various stages of [the game's] development", and that some of the content was removed just before the game's completion."

so they made enough content for 3 games?

they are just ona scrape the bottom of the ff13 garbage bin and cobble it up together and call it a game, huh?
so that means this game will be made up of crap that wasnt even good enough for the first 2 tries...

this is a very bad sign, and i really feel bad for anyone who is expecting this to be a good game. it really sucks to be a final fantasy fan these days, even star wars fans don't have it this bad.

They specifically said XIII-2 didn't feature cut content from XIII. I seriously doubt XIII was planned to have Lightning for half, Serah for a third, then Lightning for a third consisting over a thousand years and lasting 100+ hours. They simply didn't create all of this. Lastly, where has the mentioned cut content been included? It hasn't yet, so start backing up this crap. Please.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#39GigerSupreme(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 4:31:40 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
GigerSupreme posted...
"Art director Isamu Kamikokuryo revealed that many additional scenarios such as Lightning's home, which were functioning in an unreleased build during development, were left out of the final version due to concerns about the game's length and volume.[65] Kamikokuryo said the content they cut was, in itself, enough to make another game.[65] According to Toriyama, the cuts were made in "various stages of [the game's] development", and that some of the content was removed just before the game's completion."

so they made enough content for 3 games?

they are just ona scrape the bottom of the ff13 garbage bin and cobble it up together and call it a game, huh?
so that means this game will be made up of crap that wasnt even good enough for the first 2 tries...

this is a very bad sign, and i really feel bad for anyone who is expecting this to be a good game. it really sucks to be a final fantasy fan these days, even star wars fans don't have it this bad.

They specifically said XIII-2 didn't feature cut content from XIII. I seriously doubt XIII was planned to have Lightning for half, Serah for a third, then Lightning for a third consisting over a thousand years and lasting 100+ hours. They simply didn't create all of this. Lastly, where has the mentioned cut content been included? It hasn't yet, so start backing up this crap. Please.

if you know anything about game developement, this kinda thing happens alot. it wouldnt be the first time SE has done it either.
#40King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/22/2013 4:31:57 AM
SE is one of the worst and more incompetent gaming companies now. I don't know what happened but they have fallen big time since the end of the classical age of Final Fantasy,
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.