would you like to see a western studio make a final fantasy game?

#1Honey-BoyPosted 4/22/2013 10:37:08 PM
I personally think Eidos Montreal, the crew that developed Deus Ex Human Revolution would make a very interesting turn based rpg and have proven themselves more competent story tellers and have a better grasp of character development.

Eidos is my first choice to develop a japanese style rpg... I find SE these days just dosent understand their audience anymore.

What about you, the users at home think??? What western studio would you like to see develop a Final Fantasy game?
---
~choose death~
#2heartlesshero17Posted 4/22/2013 10:42:07 PM
Just saying, I was actually interested in that fortress FF game being completed.

But sure why not. Don't care who makes it, as long as its good a good game
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#3TorgoForeverPosted 4/22/2013 10:46:30 PM
Obsidian? Sure.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFoWvNqBsk0
"Well, according to Wikipedia which is always right" -MewMewFan
#4Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 10:50:28 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Just saying, I was actually interested in that fortress FF game being completed.

yeah, me too.

I actually thought grin was a pretty decent developer despite the fact they made mostly movie liscenced games. Their games were always fun despite being rushed together.

Their final fantasy project had teh visuals right at least.
---
~choose death~
#5DarkFistsPosted 4/22/2013 10:57:22 PM
If they just did the story, I think it'd be fine, but I actually enjoy the cheesy-ness of JRPGs at times, and would only trust a Western developer with an Action-style combat system
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#6heartlesshero17Posted 4/22/2013 10:59:59 PM
Honey-Boy posted...

yeah, me too.

I actually thought grin was a pretty decent developer despite the fact they made mostly movie liscenced games. Their games were always fun despite being rushed together.

Can't say that I thought they were decent. That terminator game was awful. But I give people a chance anyways. Especially if it looks like they got some interesting ideas.

The concept art was wonderful, I liked the monster designs we saw specifically that giant Marlboro, and even though we didn't see much of it in good quality I was kinda interested with the change in combat and wanted to see where they went with it

I think it could have at least been interesting despite the fact the developers were kinda meh. Hell they could've flat out surprised me even. I played games from worse/equally as bad developers (cavia) that I ended up enjoying so its possible
---
-PainsPerception
#7kratoscar2008Posted 4/22/2013 11:01:06 PM
Bioware would make an awesome FF game with relationships values and choices.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/ Support CoH 2 Physical release.
#8Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:04:27 PM
Honey-Boy posted...

yeah, me too.

Can't say that I thought they were decent. That terminator game was awful. But I give people a chance anyways. Especially if it looks like they got some interesting ideas.

The concept art was wonderful, I liked the monster designs we saw specifically that giant Marlboro, and even though we didn't see much of it in good quality I was kinda interested with the change in combat and wanted to see where they went with it

I think it could have at least been interesting despite the fact the developers were kinda meh. Hell they could've flat out surprised me even. I played games from worse/equally as bad developers (cavia) that I ended up enjoying so its possible

Even the developers will admit that terminator game was the runt of the Grin litter.

but their Wanted: Weapon of Fate game was a pretty fun arcadey action game.
---
~choose death~
#9Honey-Boy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:08:46 PM
Double Fine would be a pretty out there choice to make a final fantasy...but a very sweet and out there choice. They did make a turn based rpg once already (it was heavily inspired by earthbound) and it was costume quest.
---
~choose death~
#10heartlesshero17Posted 4/22/2013 11:11:40 PM
Wanted was decent. Definitely far better then that terminator game.

Wonder what SE did with all the extra stuff that was left over from that game anyways? the world was apparently kinda large. And it was in development for I believe 6 months right? Wonder if they just tossed out everything
---
-PainsPerception