Why do people like Lightning as a character?

#211MysteryVeilPosted 4/23/2013 7:05:11 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
Why did they delete the Gilgamesh topic, but this Lightning one stays? I'm confused.

It was an obvious copy of mine.

Yeah, but I had actually posted a serious response for once in that topic, and now it's lost from the pages of history forever. :(
---
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/790525/Broken-Angel01
#212OpheliaAdenadePosted 4/23/2013 7:55:44 PM(edited)
Nuck-chorris posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
Nuck-chorris posted...
I dont and i dont like Lumina either. Garbage Serah clone. That alone makes me shake my head.

:u Everyone with pink hair is a Serah clone? There are so many Serah clones in jrpgs then. Even in jrpgs from before FF XIII came out! They didn't know it yet, but they were ripping off Serah the whole time!

Even poor Ethlyn...
http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Ethlyn

What a way to put words in my mouth to defend Lightning. Anime has gabillions on pink hair, thats not what im aiming at, this is

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/018/3/a/serah_and_lumina__pose__by_tiffy16-d5rwhdr.jpg

No effort in model use, no effort to even change her hairstyle, nothing.

quoting Toriyama: 'When Lightning sees Lumina, she first thinks she's Serah (woah, big shocker, Toriyama'd) but she finds out its not her and she sees Lightning as a plaything, sometimes she helps Lightning, or get in the way'.

Oh no, what? Lumina is Lightning's mommy but because chaos consumed and distorted time and everything she returned to aid her daughter in a younger form (Toriyama'd)

I dont wanna offend you, im offending Toriyama, im saying how poor Toriyama and his writers staff plot can be.

They have different faces. They didn't "reuse" anything in making Lumina's model. They intentionally gave her similar hair. And the doppelganger plot element isn't something limited to Toriyama. It appears in this genre all the time and can be done well. And I don't know if it even applies here since Lumina isn't a 1:1 copy of Serah. They just look similar for reasons we don't know yet.

I'm not trying to defend anything/anyone. I'm just saying it doesn't make much sense to be so critical of a character we know so little about. I don't care if you hate Lumina or not. But at least wait till you know more about her before you make that claim? I realize that is probably asking too much. >_>
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#213hmmmmnamePosted 4/24/2013 8:02:26 PM
It's like asking why people like Heero Yuuy from Gundam Wing. Out of context hes kinda bland and a little lifeless (if you don't know anything about him) but in the show itself you see hes more caring than anyone (although still a complete badass) without them actually showing or stating it. I guess if you watch a lot of anime and see characters like her frequently it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Maybe it's just a cultural difference between Japan and the US (since she's one of the most loved FF characters there).
---
See you Space Cowboy.
#214Mindwipe77Posted 4/24/2013 8:51:23 PM
shes sexy
---
Now playing-DCUO, Injustice GAU,Sacred Citadel
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Shin megami 4,PS4,720
#215ArmPillowPosted 4/25/2013 12:48:42 AM
hmmmmname posted...
It's like asking why people like Heero Yuuy from Gundam Wing. Out of context hes kinda bland and a little lifeless (if you don't know anything about him) but in the show itself you see hes more caring than anyone (although still a complete badass) without them actually showing or stating it. I guess if you watch a lot of anime and see characters like her frequently it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Maybe it's just a cultural difference between Japan and the US (since she's one of the most loved FF characters there).

yeah. i agree. Lightning is a bit like Heero..
---
R.I.P. LucasArts
#216TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/25/2013 12:55:30 AM
MysteryVeil posted...
Why did they delete the Gilgamesh topic, but this Lightning one stays? I'm confused.

Some people just like to delete things.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil