Are you actually happy about the second FFXIII sequel?

#31sicko26usPosted 4/24/2013 5:52:48 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
Rodrigo996 posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Yes because it's the last one.

That makes no sense. XIII-2 would have been the last one if this wasn't announced.

Some people just what a closure to the story. IMO XIII ending was beautiful and the just messed up with the sequel. I only what a good ending for LR

How was the ending "beautiful"????

It was seriously one of the worst endings I have ever seen, they spend 30 hours talking about an unknown mission and how if they don't complete it one thing happens and if they don't another thing happens. Then at the end NOTHING HAPPENS, WITH NO EXPLANATION.

how was that in any way shape or form even remotely decent? Watch the poonyexperiment video.

And by saying 'Nothing happened' in the ending, you are either visually impaired, or didn't play the game because a lot of things happen in the ending.

Then you missed the point of my post entirely (probably intentionally) of course things happened, but nothing that makes any sense. The entire game was centered around their unknown mission, if they succeed they get turned into crystal, if they fail they turn into a monster. Nowhere in the game is it explained that an unmentioned unnamed god can free them of everything and let them go, that's called deus ex machina

Where was it pointed out in chapter 9 that their mission was to destroy the world? Because to this day it is unclear what their mission was (the world was both saved and destroyed).

Story/plot holes left by ending.

Who saved them and why?
What was their mission?
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#32DarkKnightCessiPosted 4/24/2013 6:52:50 AM
No. But at least there won't be anymore XIII games.
---
Official Fenrir of the FF XV Board.
The game's playing itself Jon. The game's just playing itself Jon!!
#33CokaineCowboy77Posted 4/24/2013 7:53:32 AM
hyro56 posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...
shinigami_matt posted...
Nope.

---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFX
#34DarkFistsPosted 4/24/2013 12:31:47 PM
I'm neutral for now, but am somewhat interested...so I'm not voting in this black and white poll :P
---
PSN=Gelthidor
#35Enzoa7xPosted 4/25/2013 2:41:43 AM
I'm looking forward to it personally.
#36bigtim777Posted 4/25/2013 10:19:18 AM
Yes since XIII-2 was a crappy game. So SE should make up for it in my opinion.
---
FF6 > FF13 > FF4 > FF5 > FF10 > FF3 > FF1
#37j-fielding95Posted 4/25/2013 10:38:10 AM(edited)
sicko26us posted...
Then you missed the point of my post entirely (probably intentionally) of course things happened, but nothing that makes any sense. The entire game was centered around their unknown mission, if they succeed they get turned into crystal, if they fail they turn into a monster. Nowhere in the game is it explained that an unmentioned unnamed god can free them of everything and let them go, that's called deus ex machina

Where was it pointed out in chapter 9 that their mission was to destroy the world? Because to this day it is unclear what their mission was (the world was both saved and destroyed).

Story/plot holes left by ending.

Who saved them and why?
What was their mission?

Barthandelus tells them during the first battle. He says exactly what they have to do. He tells them one of them must become Ragnarock and destroy the world. The world was saved because their focus changed, hence the vision they all received during the final battle with everyone smiling. Etro saved them, because she had formed a bond with the humans and wanted to keep the balance of the visible/invisible wordl in check. Their mission was to destroy Cocoon, which then changed to save it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#38sicko26usPosted 4/25/2013 4:46:47 PM
j-fielding95 posted...

Barthandelus tells them during the first battle. He says exactly what they have to do. He tells them one of them must become Ragnarock and destroy the world.

Everyone got that, we (the ones who do not read Japanese) assumed (it was strongly implied) they meant Fang and Vanille' focus was to destroy the world, then that in turn implied that the party would either stop or help Ragnarock.

j-fielding95 posted...
The world was saved because their focus changed, hence the vision they all received during the final battle with everyone smiling. Etro saved them, because she had formed a bond with the humans and wanted to keep the balance of the visible/invisible wordl in check. Their mission was to destroy Cocoon, which then changed to save it.

Where are you getting that their focus changed? I have been bashing on the garbage ending since two weeks after release and you are literally the first person to post this theory.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#39King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/25/2013 4:51:11 PM(edited)
So no one is happy about it after adjusting the polls for a margin of error.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#40JiggsMasterPosted 4/25/2013 4:53:26 PM
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

Barthandelus tells them during the first battle. He says exactly what they have to do. He tells them one of them must become Ragnarock and destroy the world.

Everyone got that, we (the ones who do not read Japanese) assumed (it was strongly implied) they meant Fang and Vanille' focus was to destroy the world, then that in turn implied that the party would either stop or help Ragnarock.

j-fielding95 posted...
The world was saved because their focus changed, hence the vision they all received during the final battle with everyone smiling. Etro saved them, because she had formed a bond with the humans and wanted to keep the balance of the visible/invisible wordl in check. Their mission was to destroy Cocoon, which then changed to save it.

Where are you getting that their focus changed? I have been bashing on the garbage ending since two weeks after release and you are literally the first person to post this theory.

Their focus did change. I don't remember when but I remember it did change
---
I don't listen to authority when authority is filled with dumbasses