Lightning's JP voice...

#1DragoonGriffithPosted 4/26/2013 4:44:43 AM
I really hate to sound like a weeaboo, but dear Lord do I prefer it over Hillis.

Watched some videos.
The rest of the cast is actually better in English (Sazh's JP voice is hilariously bad IMO.), but Lightning sounds so freaking bored the whole time.

Have a whole new impression of Lightning through her JP VA.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#2wafflepitarmPosted 4/26/2013 4:51:25 AM
The JP voice sounds a bit too young for Lightning's age. I do agree on Ali Hillis Lightning dialogues becaming overly dramatuc and poetic. 'you should know, who i am, or what i am' Lightning pls.
---
Why is it always the customers fault when no one buys a companys crappie games? - My username is a joke! Dont take it seriously please -
#3TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/26/2013 5:32:22 AM
"You should know who I am. Or, should I say, what I am. These are the final thirteen days."

That is the full quote, which sounds A LOT better than the half that people always quote here. It is a bit overly dramatic, but the Japanese love that crap.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil
#4TheGreatPotatoPosted 4/26/2013 5:33:52 AM
I love Liara from Mass Effect, which means I cannot give an impartial view on Ali voicing Lightning.
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil
#5DragoonGriffith(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2013 7:44:52 AM
wafflepitarm posted...
The JP voice sounds a bit too young for Lightning's age. I do agree on Ali Hillis Lightning dialogues becaming overly dramatuc and poetic. 'you should know, who i am, or what i am' Lightning pls.

That's exactly why I like it, though it didn't seem "too" young. Just right IMO.

Hillis' voice makes her appear like a grandma in comparison. Well, either that or she's just too serious sounding to me and that was always a beef I had with Lightning. :/
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#6marcBookPosted 4/26/2013 7:54:32 AM
It's not her fault the dialoge is awful in these games. Being good at voice acting can only get you so far when you have lines like Caius or Lightning in XIII-2...
---
"The whole building's coming down!"
"This isn't good!!!" YOU THINK!?
#7King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/26/2013 8:11:52 AM(edited)
Being good at voice acting can only get you so far when you have lines like Caius or Lightning in XIII-2...

Caius makes it sound good and pulls it off well. Lightning just comes off as emotionless and dull in XIII-2.

----
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#8Kouuta-KunPosted 4/26/2013 8:21:02 AM
Aye.
---
"...Yet again, this isn't alcohol. Are you a pack of imbeciles!?"
The Official 'Ichiban no Eiyuu' Of The Final Fantasy XV Board
#9j-fielding95Posted 4/26/2013 9:24:52 AM
TheGreatPotato posted...
I love Liara from Mass Effect, which means I cannot give an impartial view on Ali voicing Lightning.

Garrus. Screw Liara.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#10gjvaquinoPosted 4/26/2013 9:58:03 AM
Dont really care much for the voice but its what she says that turns me off...

In Japanese : Its too cliche and theatrical. Done so many times already in Japanese anime, manga and other jrpgs.

In English: Problem with this its trying to be like the japanese. I mean yeah they are translatng from one langauage to another. They should cover all the bases but i think they could have picked words that could have delivered the same meaning but less dramatic effect.

She should have said something like:

"I am Lightning and I know what I must do in these final 13 days."

Something like that i know other ppl can come u better ideas. Coz to be honest that is one of the cheesiest lines i have ever heard. It just makes u want to barf.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat