An idea for a more interesting villain (if you decide to label him a villain)

#1jp255Posted 4/29/2013 4:58:46 AM
I said in other threads I wanted an antagonist or villain that attempts to justify his actions reasonably (where "reasonably" is determined by a collection of sane people, the general population), so this is the kind of villain (or even game overall) that I want to see created!

This character is just based off of my own secular ethics. The setting is of a world/universe similar to ours, and the motives of the character are to bring about the end of the universe. Before you think "that's so unoriginal!", the justification comes from his reasoning, which is that it is not acceptable to let the universe carry on exisiting as it is when there is a way to end it (peacefully).

The reason why I think this should be considered reasonable by most people is because according to most societies' laws, the act of creating of this universe (with knowledge of the events that occur, before they occur) would be a crime. If the creation of the universe is considered unreasonable, then it makes sense that ending the universe would be a reasonable course of action.

Overall, the character only fights when necessary and finds it unacceptable to cause harm to others unnecessarily. He is calm and level headed. His FF motto would be: (Said to those who seek to interfere): "I am open to your reasoning, but, if my secular ethics are to disagree, then I have no choice but to overcome you".

I could go on about other aspects I want incorporated into the game but the post is long enough.

The game would attempt to blur the lines of right and wrong, and makes you question if it is appropriate to label this character a villain.
#2ClausudoisbackPosted 4/29/2013 6:01:52 AM
Nobody cares!
#3AshleyRiot223Posted 4/29/2013 6:12:25 AM
Clausudoisback posted...
Nobody cares!

You mean, YOU dont care!
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!
PSN: agent_riot25
#4King_Shortt_IXPosted 4/29/2013 6:16:08 AM
Let's have the next Final Fantasy lead be a villain who wants to right the wrongs of the world.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#5dils-dPosted 4/29/2013 6:34:40 AM
The act of creating the universe is a crime? What? Is that really how you justify destroying the world?

Your reason is silly if not nonsensical. I wouldn't sympathize with him, especially since he thinks killing all people (a ridiculous statement in itself) is not harming them.
---
http://goo.gl/ItGkV http://goo.gl/dyCJv
mah baybeh
#6AshleyRiot223Posted 4/29/2013 6:41:27 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
Let's have the next Final Fantasy lead be a villain who wants to right the wrongs of the world.

Like most Final Fantasy 's lol.
---
Should you meet them, repent, Ashley, repent!
PSN: agent_riot25
#7jp255(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 7:18:59 AM
dils-d posted...
The act of creating the universe is a crime? What? Is that really how you justify destroying the world?

Your reason is silly if not nonsensical. I wouldn't sympathize with him, especially since he thinks killing all people (a ridiculous statement in itself) is not harming them.

The justification you use to deem my justification "silly, if not nonsensical", is itself "silly, if not nonsensical". The irony.

It appears you overlooked the word "Unnecessarily". Ending the universe is a reasonable course of action according to his secular ethics.

The creation of the universe (with knowledge of the events that will happen) is a crime because it is the ultimate cause of all events that societies consider to be unacceptable and punishable by law.

The simplified reasoning concerns the ethical question, "knowing what you know of this universe and all of its historical events, if you could go back in time would you decide to create it (this exact same universe and it's events)?". The character repsonds No. If I say no to that, then why would I allow the universe to continue it's events if there is a way to bring about an end?
#8MalakTawusPosted 4/29/2013 7:20:37 AM
dils-d posted...

Tbh i thought the exact same thing.
How the hell can THAT be considered a crime?

It's just nonsense imo........
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#9Lindaru111Posted 4/29/2013 7:28:28 AM
AshleyRiot223 posted...
King_Shortt_IX posted...

Like most Final Fantasy 's lol.

oh snap...
---
You don't need a reason to help people - Zidane (FFIX)
#10dils-dPosted 4/29/2013 7:37:11 AM
jp255 posted...
The creation of the universe (with knowledge of the events that will happen) is a crime because it is the ultimate cause of all events that societies consider to be unacceptable and punishable by law.

How in the major H can something you cannot control be considered unethical? That is as idiotic as you being angry at the sun because you don't like getting tanned, and using that to justify blowing it up.

You said this person was based on yourself? Are you some sort of crazy person?
---
http://goo.gl/ItGkV http://goo.gl/dyCJv
mah baybeh