Should Lightning have been a boy?

#1mistermikeymikePosted 4/30/2013 9:23:48 PM
I mean I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't care about the sex of the MC but the truth is that it does. I feel like Lightning in 13 was just a man in a womans body. Her personality seems like it was written for a male and it felt like Square made her a chick just so they could make her a chick. It was like they took Clouds personality and shoved it into a chick.

I'm all for chick main characters as well, but when they actually feel like chicks. Not when they're just there for sex appeal or something

Now I'm not saying this because of gender issues and whatever. I personally believe the reason female characters don't work as well is simply because of how men are pressured to like manly things. And playing as a chick main character is just unappealing for that reason.
---
You do not have a waifu.
#2MMX377Posted 4/30/2013 9:31:58 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
I mean I like to think of myself as someone who doesn't care about the sex of the MC but the truth is that it does. I feel like Lightning in 13 was just a man in a womans body. Her personality seems like it was written for a male and it felt like Square made her a chick just so they could make her a chick. It was like they took Clouds personality and shoved it into a chick.

I'm all for chick main characters as well, but when they actually feel like chicks. Not when they're just there for sex appeal or something

Now I'm not saying this because of gender issues and whatever. I personally believe the reason female characters don't work as well is simply because of how men are pressured to like manly things. And playing as a chick main character is just unappealing for that reason.

Then it wouldn't be Final Fantasy XIII. XIII-2, and LR then.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#3Plant42Posted 4/30/2013 10:00:21 PM
What made Lightning a man? That she punched people?
#4new_traditionPosted 4/30/2013 11:23:53 PM
I'd be lying if I said Lightning being a woman wasn't one of the reasons why I love her character >3>
#5shinigami_matt(Moderator)Posted 4/30/2013 11:26:01 PM
What would being a guy accomplish? Tori magically gets good writing skills?
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#6Panda_KunPosted 4/30/2013 11:32:07 PM
Wait, you're telling me she isn't a man?

Mind=Blown
---
You, who taste worse than s***, can keep eating s*** until you turn to s*** yourself."
#7heartlesshero17Posted 4/30/2013 11:36:17 PM
Don't really see a problem. Wouldn't make her character any better or worse. She's just some tough person without a penis.
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#8dils-dPosted 5/1/2013 1:04:20 AM
ITT: Act a certain way and you're automatically transgender.
---
http://goo.gl/ItGkV http://goo.gl/dyCJv
mah baybeh
#9TheGreatPotatoPosted 5/1/2013 1:29:39 AM
Ah...the old female Cloud crap.

/golfclap
---
Dresdenfall is amazing, if you know what I mean :) /wink wink
'I'm really a man.' - MysteryVeil
#10MalakTawusPosted 5/1/2013 1:46:03 AM
No, she is perfectly fine as a woman, thanx.

......not to mention that she didn't act like a man at all.......
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."