Square Enix used to say they were going on the mainstream bandwagon

#11heartlesshero17Posted 5/2/2013 3:59:42 PM
Also kaine and weiss are some of my favorite new characters introduced this gen. Hell I'd kill for LR to have a character like Weiss
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#12DragoonGriffithPosted 5/2/2013 4:01:50 PM(edited)
heartlesshero17 posted...

But the sidequests SUCKED. The only reward really was some of them was story heavy and got some pretty hilarious dialogue for doing some of them. I did feel pretty satisfied with getting popola to sing though

Well that, and I liked the one with the old lady in the lighthouse.
I like how the game leaves it up to you to tell her or not, even though it doesn't change really anything.

Also kaine and weiss are some of my favorite new characters introduced this gen. Hell I'd kill for LR to have a character like Weiss

Indeed.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#13heartlesshero17Posted 5/2/2013 4:09:04 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...

But the sidequests SUCKED. The only reward really was some of them was story heavy and got some pretty hilarious dialogue for doing some of them. I did feel pretty satisfied with getting popola to sing though

Well that, and I liked the one with the old lady in the lighthouse.
I like how the game leaves it up to you to tell her or not, even though it doesn't change really anything.

Yeah I was stuck on the options there. And then after I told her the post man questioned me on it anyways. I was stuck on both parts cause I didn't know how to react. Great moment. there was a follow up quest to it involving a gift from the lover she never got to receive.

Memorable stuff. But the things the sidequests actually require you to do is still bad. Nier is lucky to have the writing it did or else it would be unbearable. One of my favorite moments for example is the forest of myth. Nothing but black screen, music, and white text. That happened twice. It would have sucked if the writing was any different
---
-PainsPerception
#14heartlesshero17Posted 5/2/2013 4:14:32 PM
....I accidentally turned this into a "nier and drakengard is pretty awesome" topic.

But uh, yeah return to other older ips would be good for them. Or new ips for console. More variety of things to look forward too, more happy people. Drakengard 3 hopefully was just the start. Maybe even chrono can return someday
---
-PainsPerception
#15OpheliaAdenadePosted 5/2/2013 5:57:43 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I'm sure they'll be fine. :o They pull in enough money from FF 11 to keep them afloat for years.

Really? FF11 is still pulling in that kind of money? That sounds like an overestimation to me.

Yes, yes it is. o.o Since it costs so little for them to keep it up and maintain it at this point, everything they get from it is profit. That is why they're still supporting it like 10 years later. It just got a new expansion just a while ago in fact. :o
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#16Lelouch71Posted 5/3/2013 5:52:43 PM
FF and jrpgs always been cheesy TC. FFXIII (and sequels) are not the first nor will they be the last FF to be cheesy. That won't change so long they continue to have anime-esque storylines. You can forget that ever changing unless a man of Matsuno's caliber is writing.

As I once said in a thread on the Versus board, the guarantee money makers will be on consoles. They will have their lesser name titles well minus DQ on handhelds and smartphones since they are very lucrative markets.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#17MagiusNecrosPosted 5/3/2013 5:54:54 PM
Wada leaves his seat of power at the end of June.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#18zodiac_swordPosted 5/3/2013 6:00:47 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
I'm sure they'll be fine. :o They pull in enough money from FF 11 to keep them afloat for years.

Really? FF11 is still pulling in that kind of money? That sounds like an overestimation to me.

Yes, yes it is. o.o Since it costs so little for them to keep it up and maintain it at this point, everything they get from it is profit. That is why they're still supporting it like 10 years later. It just got a new expansion just a while ago in fact. :o

How many people still play it? I don't think it will keep them afloat for years. Especially if they keep screwing up like they have been.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?