When should I start upgrading weapons? (FF13)

#11VanilleHopenPosted 5/3/2013 7:29:59 PM
people who hate on ffxiii's battle system better never ever compliment persona 3 fes...

talk about a terrible AI and game overs if your party leader dies......

good lord I got confused in that game and had a bunch of items to cure it in my inventory BUT DID ANY OF MY ALLIES BOTHER TO USE ONE ON ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T..

and i killed them all with a spiked baseball bat one by one till i got a game over.. fricking idiots..
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#12zodiac_swordPosted 5/3/2013 7:56:18 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
people who hate on ffxiii's battle system better never ever compliment persona 3 fes...

wrong.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#13OpheliaAdenadePosted 5/3/2013 8:03:59 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

wrong.

I kind of agree. :u the combat in XIII is way better. In FES you can't control your allies, and they do stupid stuff. At least the most the XIII AI is guilty of is not dealing damage as efficiently as possible. At least it won't keep trying to land a status effect the enemy is immune to.
---
http://bln.gs/b/24i7sw
#14zodiac_swordPosted 5/3/2013 8:10:36 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
In FES you can't control your allies

You can. they have different tactics.
---
#15VanilleHopenPosted 5/3/2013 8:43:45 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
In FES you can't control your allies

You can. they have different tactics.

none of the tatics (at least so far) tell your party member to priortizie using status healing items or reviving party members...

at least ffxiii your allies would use esuna and raise when you put them in the medic role..

The AI is terrible in FES some of the worst I've ever seen and it's in a game where you can't afford it to be..
---
#16King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/3/2013 8:58:20 PM(edited)
I just find it cost prohibitive until very late in the game (it is well worth doing so at that point), so I tend to stick with initial equipment and whatever I find for the main game. I may decide to put together some accessories here and there though provided they are cheap and cost little in terms of material and gil, but nothing more than a dabble here or a dabble there with very little farming involved.

Gil and materials are scarce until late in the game, so I tend to manage spending carefully.
#17zodiac_swordPosted 5/3/2013 8:54:04 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
none of the tatics (at least so far) tell your party member to priortizie using status healing items or reviving party members...

Heal/Support.
---
#18VanilleHopenPosted 5/3/2013 9:02:46 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
VanilleHopen posted...

Heal/Support.

i have them on that all the time.. never do they ever revive someone or heal a status... they always priortize healing active party members which often times isn't the smartest move..

dude just admit it the AI sucks... if you get charmed in the game your screwed...
---
#19zodiac_swordPosted 5/3/2013 9:07:00 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
i have them on that all the time.. never do they ever revive someone or heal a status... they always priortize healing active party members which often times isn't the smartest move..

dude just admit it the AI sucks... if you get charmed in the game your screwed...

If you know way that do, adjust your strategy. Besides, healing active party members is never really a bad idea in Persona
---
#20tiornysPosted 5/3/2013 9:29:59 PM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
I just find it cost prohibitive until very late in the game (it is well worth doing so at that point), so I tend to stick with initial equipment and whatever I find for the main game. I may decide to put together some accessories here and there though provided they are cheap and cost little in terms of material and gil, but nothing more than a dabble here or a dabble there with very little farming involved.

Gil and materials are scarce until late in the game, so I tend to manage spending carefully.

I more or less agree with this statement. It was "wait until postgame" that I had serious issues with; there's a big difference between later in the game and postgame.

A normal player--fight most enemies on the path, minimal grinding--will start to accumulate a respectable gil reserve during chapter 9. I'd expect the Credit Chips and Incentive Chips collected by the end of chapter 9 to yield about 50k-75k gil on average (could range anywhere from 10k to 100k gil, depending on luck and star ratings). However, I don't like spending gil on inorganic components until Superconductors become available in chapter 11. I tend to use this gil for organic components to boost the found/dropped inorganics, and for Perovskite to make Auto-Bravery and Auto-Haste items during chapter 10.

Chapter 11 has over 1 million gil available from fixed rewards and treasure spheres that are readily accessible during that chapter. I don't expect the average player to find everything, but the game outright forces enough resources on you to max a couple of tier 1 weapons, and the most lucrative payoff is the easily discovered Bhakti quest that yields ~450k gil plus 100k gil worth of Ultracompact Reactors. That's sufficient to put a max tier 1/min tier 2 weapon in everybody's hands with enough left over to max a couple of tier 2 weapons if you have the R&D Depot, or at least make serious gains at tier 2 if you don't.

Add in the fact that you can't buy Superconductors, Particle Accelerators, or Ultracompact Reactors before this point, and it's easy to see why the common advice is "wait until chapter 11."
---
http://etrosgate.com/