Am I the only one that still finds it weird that Lightning summons Odin and not.

#21TheTrinityPosted 5/7/2013 10:16:27 PM
kirusu posted...
square enix loves ruining things eh? they could have just kept the odin weakness is lightning. then again there is that thing with seifer or whatever.

I see it more as reinterpretation.

Sleipnir and Odin being the same summon makes sense to me. It being lightning elemental makes less sense, but it does fit a very vague norse theme being a reference to Thor. I personally love seeing myths re-imagined.
---
Il n'y a rien de nouveau sous le soleil.
#22new_traditionPosted 5/7/2013 10:25:59 PM
What transformer-esque thing could Ramuh become, though? And what would be the humanoid version of Ixion then?

Anyways, I'm fine with Odin. It matches well with FFXIII-2 Valhalla theme and Lightning going all Valkyrie (lol, why couldn't they just call her that? "Warrior Goddess" is so unsubtle xD).
#23ilikeikeilikeikPosted 5/8/2013 10:07:18 AM(edited)
new_tradition posted...
What transformer-esque thing could Ramuh become, though?

He could turn into a giant beard cloud that Lightning flies on.
---
let me desecrate you child, let me penetrate your world.
let me penetrate your mind, let me desecrate you.
#24gjvaquinoPosted 5/8/2013 10:59:54 AM
new_tradition posted...
What transformer-esque thing could Ramuh become, though? And what would be the humanoid version of Ixion then?

Anyways, I'm fine with Odin. It matches well with FFXIII-2 Valhalla theme and Lightning going all Valkyrie (lol, why couldn't they just call her that? "Warrior Goddess" is so unsubtle xD).

Him and his staff can both turn into a broom and Lightning can ride it like a witch.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#25kirusuPosted 5/8/2013 11:02:20 AM
gjvaquino posted...
new_tradition posted...

Him and his staff can both turn into a broom and Lightning can ride it like a witch.

please no. we have enough witches as is.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok
#26mistermikeymikePosted 5/8/2013 12:05:43 PM
am i the only one confused why they let a female characters eidolon transform into a vehicle?
---
You do not have a waifu.
#27darkqueenhelba(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:48:21 PM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
new_tradition posted...

That's actually pretty cool.
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#28DragoonGriffithPosted 5/8/2013 2:53:07 PM
mistermikeymike posted...
am i the only one confused why they let a female characters eidolon transform into a vehicle?

Oh I get it.
Because women can't drive, huh?
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
#29zodiac_swordPosted 5/8/2013 4:06:41 PM
ilikeikeilikeik posted...
new_tradition posted...

I get a Dragon Ball Z vibe from that.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#30lulzacePosted 5/8/2013 8:14:56 PM(edited)
LolOkay posted...
Eh like someone said, Thor would've been more appropriate. But XIII has a lot of Norse mythology in it and that's why Odin fits.

thor is norse too, though i keep thinking of a super swollen short guy when i think of him

kirusu posted...
JStewVGM posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
I guess that makes sense about Odin, but Odin in FF doesn't have lightning attacks. Not that I know of at least. Ramuh has pretty much been the go-to-guy for lightning.

That doesn't mean that Ramuh always has to represent lighting attacks in FF though...
and
Odin clearly makes more sense. Perhaps they noticed their error?

odin's weakness is lightning. it does not make sense.

You made it make sense.
---
Official Kyuubi No Kitsune of the SMT IV Boards.
Plz let SMTxFE Hito-Shura have Freikugel!