They need to take a break from the series for about a decade.

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. They need to take a break from the series for about a decade.
2 years ago#1
And then reboot it. THen, everyone wouldn't even remember what a good or bad FF even was. Plus, they can work on other series, such as Dragon Quest, or maybe reboot the Chrono series as well.
---
The official Arc of the Final Fantasy XV boards!
2 years ago#2
Worst idea ever.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
2 years ago#3
Great idea. FF needs a rest, and SE needs to start developing some new titles. Take a few years off and give it a hard reboot.

Another good idea is to have another company develop FF while SE just worries about publishing it.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
2 years ago#4
Each new volume is a reboot. I agree its branding is damaged, but it could be fixed as easily as making a game up to the quality of previous entries. i.e. take it away from Toriyama.
---
Kiss the Evil Dragon King
2 years ago#5
Maybe you should take a break from the series.
2 years ago#6
FF is getting too much milked.

With other series it's not so much a problem, but its showing on FF and the drop in quality with each game.
---
DQ: VII > V > VI > VIII = IX > III > IV > I > II
2 years ago#7
LolOkay posted...
Maybe you should take a break from the series.

very good one ;P, agree
---
I SUPPORT RESIDENT EVIL 3 REMAKE (REVELATIONS STYLE)
2 years ago#8
1. No, no one would ask SE to put FF to rest if the FF games were actually good and if SE also worked on other IP's and didn't **** those over as well
2. Every mainline FF is essentially a reboot
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
2 years ago#9
You can. I want more. You Cloud fanboys can come back when they decide to remake 7.
---
Playing Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid 2 HD.
(edited by Blackmarvel79)
2 years ago#10
Nobody wants a VII remake.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
  1. Boards
  2. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  3. They need to take a break from the series for about a decade.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived