Final Fantasy XIII-2 Was Such...

#1joes_rpgsPosted 5/15/2013 7:52:33 PM
... a disappointment, that for the first time since I can remember, I am passing up purchasing a FF title. I am not here to troll, or out to fuel a fire, I don't even make topics on this site regularly, I just had such a sudden urge to write this after watching the trailer and viewing stills.

I am a huge FF fan, and in the most optimistic way, but after attempting to play through FFXIII-2, I cannot even bare this game. I didn't even mind XIII when everyone else seemed to dislike it so intensely. I just can not bring myself to support cheap imitations of creativity searching for an easy cash-in, and unfortunately this game seems just that.

I will be back on board and eager with the next FF main title, here's to hoping Ito's in charge!
#2Terra-BranfordPosted 5/15/2013 8:38:01 PM
I don't know how you can stomach FFXIII but not FFXIII-2.
#3theofficefan99Posted 5/15/2013 9:11:27 PM
joes_rpgs posted...
... a disappointment, that for the first time since I can remember, I am passing up purchasing a FF title. I am not here to troll, or out to fuel a fire, I don't even make topics on this site regularly, I just had such a sudden urge to write this after watching the trailer and viewing stills.

I am a huge FF fan, and in the most optimistic way, but after attempting to play through FFXIII-2, I cannot even bare this game. I didn't even mind XIII when everyone else seemed to dislike it so intensely. I just can not bring myself to support cheap imitations of creativity searching for an easy cash-in, and unfortunately this game seems just that.

I will be back on board and eager with the next FF main title, here's to hoping Ito's in charge!

Same here. I can't bring myself to like such an obvious, lazy, half-assed cash-in.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4ManaYukaPosted 5/15/2013 9:14:58 PM
I totally understand. I hated XIII, but XIII-2 and what looks like to be this game is a completely different story.

XIII, like it or hate it is its own confined story that at least treated the audience somewhat with respect(even if the game was boring, uninteresting, poorly told etc.) and like most FF games had a beggining and an end.

XIII-2 in order to continue the previously wrapped up storyline, shamelessly retcons XIII's story, added some time traveling aspect that wasn't even hinted to exist , and rehashes environments/graphics and monsters, basically it lacks integrity, treats its audience like ****(DLC costumes and monsters :/) and on top of all of this, has the dreaded to be continued.

LR atleast from the looks of it is the same thing as XIII, reusing characters and models/enemies(atleast Chocolina which makes no sense), and seems like itll be costume centric(DLC most likely aswell will have the best costumes....).
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#5deimos91Posted 5/15/2013 9:20:16 PM
joes_rpgs posted...

you are hypocritical if you are disappointed by the superior game
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#6joes_rpgs(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 3:39:49 PM
^ That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. FFXIII was an original title with original content, FFXIII-2 was some excuse for a game that was better off as downloadable content (something I always avoid).

Even if aspects of the game were improved on (perhaps the battle system and nothing else), then it still holds true that the game is dependent on FFXIII content.

XIII at least had a somewhat coherent story and logic, XIII-2 stunk of gratuity. Your comment just goes to show why these companies are able to leech their demographics, believing in the illusion of improvement...
#7kupo1705Posted 5/18/2013 3:58:46 PM
joes_rpgs posted...
^ That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. FFXIII was an original title with original content, FFXIII-2 was some excuse for a game that was better off as downloadable content (something I always avoid).

Even if aspects of the game were improved on (perhaps the battle system and nothing else), then it still holds true that the game is dependent on FFXIII content.

XIII at least had a somewhat coherent story and logic, XIII-2 stunk of gratuity. Your comment just goes to show why these companies are able to leech their demographics, believing in the illusion of improvement...

At least FFXIII-2 was fun to play, unlike FFXIII which was a bore.
#8capnchuckPosted 5/18/2013 4:03:50 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2 was the best FF game since FF9, and it was my game of the year last year. It had everything a fan could want, a fun battle system, good music, it was quarky, and I really thought they did a good job with Cauis.
#9Panda_KunPosted 5/18/2013 4:04:48 PM
>Hates XIII-2.

Good. Welcome aboard.
---
The Official Yancham Of Every Board
"You who taste like s*** can keep eating s*** until you turn to s*** yourself."
#10joes_rpgs(Topic Creator)Posted 5/18/2013 4:08:14 PM
I actually have no idea how to respond. Perhaps it is just my opinion that FFXIII-2 was so terrible. I am not usually one to polarize a game like that, but I truly disliked it.

Al least a few people enjoyed it. I'm definitely in a game for gameplay, but characters and story make a fun game, a great game. Starting XIII-2, I had already played the gameplay for 50 hours in XIII, so without a decent story or characters, a few tweaks was nothing close enough to hold my interest.

To each his own.