Squar Enix to be more customer friendly.

#1j-fielding95Posted 5/27/2013 6:28:24 AM
''It is important to consider how to change business models in light of rigidity from the perspective of pricing, and I believe that the transformation to online titles and the diversification of profit opportunities is the key.

While we have stated this before, we intend to pursue this with further intensity going forward

One could go as far as to say that in today's times, making customers wait for years with little to no information is being dishonest to them. We're no longer in an age where customers are left in the dark until a product is completed. We need to shift to a business model where we frequently interact with our customers for our products that are
in development and/or prior to being sold, have our customers understand games under development, and finally make sure we develop games that meet their expectations.

Valve's Steam Greenlight and Early Access, are also very interesting, in that they raise the frequency by which we interact with customers, increasing their engagement and reflecting customer needs. We are also looking at what initiatives are possible from this perspective. What should we present to our customers before a game is finished, how can our customers enjoy this, and how do we connect this to profitability, is something we are thinking about
implementing, and which can improve our asset turn over in the process.

On the basis of the progress of recent devices,moving forward we are thinking to push into publishing games on smart phones and tablets, which we had hitherto only published on game consoles, in particular our strong point of single player, story driven games, etc. I have already given these instructions to our development teams, and we are moving ahead with this effort.

Until now we have published games on these devices such as remakes of our old titles or turning our old franchises into social games, but going forward, in addition to these efforts,
we will create new game titles of similar type.

Of course, we will continue to invest in flagship titles that showcase our technological prowess, pursuing high-end game quality, and which can earn profits on a global basis. Regarding a number of these types of titles, we will share information with everyone at this year's E3

Finally, I believe that there is no surprise strategy or magic bullet that can recover business performance.

We provide entertainment content to our customers. I believe it is important to go back to the basics,to provide our customers with content they enjoy, and to establish a long-term relationship with our customers. In the end, that is the shortest way to serve the best interest of our shareholders. Our creators are growing to become capable of taking on such roles.''

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20130527_01en.pdf

Sounds good if they manage to pull it off, right?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/27/2013 6:31:26 AM(edited)
I will believe when they start doing as such. Years of neglect in this department have done a great disservice, and so far they have been nothing more than a pack of liars.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#3j-fielding95(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:38:27 AM
King_Shortt_IX posted...
I will believe when they start doing as such. Years of neglect in this department have done a great disservice, and so far they have been nothing more than a pack of liars.

E3 is when we'll find out if they intend to follow on from this.
---
#4dils-dPosted 5/27/2013 6:38:38 AM
Square-Enix stated...
One could go as far as to say that in today's times, making customers wait for years with little to no information is being dishonest to them. We're no longer in an age where customers are left in the dark until a product is completed.

The only way this won't just be empty words is if they release some Versus info pretty damn soon.
---
peace in, basic b******
#5j-fielding95(Topic Creator)Posted 5/27/2013 6:40:08 AM
dils-d posted...
Square-Enix stated...
One could go as far as to say that in today's times, making customers wait for years with little to no information is being dishonest to them. We're no longer in an age where customers are left in the dark until a product is completed.

The only way this won't just be empty words is if they release some Versus info pretty damn soon.

E3 or bust.
---
#6zodiac_swordPosted 5/27/2013 6:42:43 AM
j-fielding95 posted...
E3 or bust.

Definitely bust.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#7dils-dPosted 5/27/2013 6:50:50 AM
Square-Enix stated...
On the basis of the progress of recent devices,moving forward we are thinking to push into publishing games on smart phones and tablets, which we had hitherto only published on game consoles, in particular our strong point of single player, story driven games, etc. I have already given these instructions to our development teams, and we are moving ahead with this effort.

Seeing as Dimensions was pretty well received this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I still feel a sting of pain that SE would rather aim for quick development and casual play than utilizing the newer consoles to their fullest.

Whatever it takes for them to get out of this financial thing, but still. Ouch.
---
peace in, basic b******
#8MalakTawusPosted 5/27/2013 6:55:07 AM(edited)
We're no longer in an age where customers are left in the dark until a product is completed. We need to shift to a business model where we frequently interact with our customers for our products that are
in development and/or prior to being sold, have our customers understand games under development, and finally make sure we develop games that meet their expectations.

I'll belive this if they finally will decide to show Versus and FFXV (no,almost surely they are not the same thing) at this E3, untill then i'll keep suspicious about their marketing methods.......

........and i just hope they won't make the mistake to reveal too many things about the story of their games, just gameplay and art design SE, NO SPOILERS!!!
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#9wafflepitarmPosted 5/27/2013 6:55:52 AM(edited)
And you thought SE was never dishonest. We'll see if they'll stick to their words this time. It took them this long to figure out what we've figured for years.
---
Its always our faults if a game isnt doing well.
- 'Reported for ?' - 'Reported for hurr dee durr' - Oh please.
#10kupo1705Posted 5/27/2013 7:14:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]