Interview confirms that FFXIII was only 1/3 of the true complete story

#1xenosaga123Posted 6/13/2013 9:46:20 AM
Yup and Lightning Returns is practically Disk 3 of the original complete version of her story.
Her character isn't fully explored until the 3rd part.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/06/lightning-returns-square-enix-members-exlcusive-interview/

Hostess: Why Lightning? Why is Lightning the character and the story, in this world, the installment that gets the trilogy treatment as opposed to other games in the series?

Kitase: This ‘Lightning Saga’ is part of the crystal mythos called the Fabula Nova Crystallis, and it has a very large, vast setting. We weren’t able to depict everything we wanted in just one installment, but we wanted to demonstrate more of the overall mythos. That’s why we expanded into the trilogy. In terms of Lightning herself, we’ve been with her since 2006. If you counted planning and pre-development, it would be even earlier than that so wanted to continue being with her, wanted to bring her out and let her shine once again.

Hostess: What was your vision for Lightning’s journey, and do you think it’s been achieved?

Toriyama: We have depicted Lightning as a strong woman right from the beginning, from the first installment. And with the first installment she is a soldier. So we’ve kind of depicted her as being this stoic person, hard on herself, hard on her sister, and kind of a hardened woman.

In the second installment she kind of transcends beyond that human realm and gains an almost god-like strength, and it makes it kind of hard to approach her.

So in the third and final “Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII” installment, we want to depict her from more of a human perspective. How she got to being the strong woman that she is, what she’s struggling with, and trying to depict her in many different angles, so that we can see her coldness, or her beauty, maybe through her poignancy. Her sadness and sorrow as well so that we can show a lot more of Lightning’s human side.
#2MagiusNecrosPosted 6/13/2013 9:47:27 AM
That's not what they said upon the introduction of XIII's making.

Do your Square PR on the official forums knave.
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#3KryuzeiPosted 6/13/2013 9:51:09 AM
I feel like they're focusing on the wrong thing here if they do want to expand the mythos. Seems to me from the interview is that they just want to expand or focusing Lightning character rather than expanding the lore.
#4xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 9:58:32 AM
The rest of the content and plans were hidden during/after XIII-1 release,

because obviously it would have spoiled the plans they wanted to finish what they started through making XIII-2 and Lightning Returns.

Kryuzei posted...
I feel like they're focusing on the wrong thing here if they do want to expand the mythos. Seems to me from the interview is that they just want to expand or focusing Lightning character rather than expanding the lore.

They can do both without prioritizing the mythos instead of Lightning.

Lightning is in the center of this mythos on the protagonist side of things, that's why she's the main character of XIII series, you know.

Even if they might make a new XIII saga afterwards, right now, XIII is centered on Lightning, so it
makes sense to focus on Lightning, otherwise this would be like watching a Discovery Channel documentary.
#5DarklordMPosted 6/13/2013 10:01:00 AM
Well,I learned a lot of the myths in XIII-2...But some parts were rather...superficial...most likely because not everyone in-game knows much about it...or don't know all it's depths,even if they know it...Not Yeul or Caius and certainly not the fal'cie,especially on the Bhunie and his mother's issue.Well,this is a trilogy,so that should be expected,mister TC.
---
Thank you all for your patience.
#6MagiusNecrosPosted 6/13/2013 10:02:14 AM
Hidden huh? Sounds like obvious bullcrap to me.

Or are you saying they lied?
---
I'VE GONE INSANE! That's how it seems though! Spiteful! Cruel! But wise beyond his age!
#7kanartPosted 6/13/2013 10:05:02 AM
FFXV sequelS are already in the works.
#8XenosheartPosted 6/13/2013 10:07:58 AM
Do they honestly believe she appeared in XIII-2?
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#9KryuzeiPosted 6/13/2013 10:09:32 AM
xenosaga123 posted...

They can do both without prioritizing the mythos instead of Lightning.

Lightning is in the center of this mythos on the protagonist side of things, that's why she's the main character of XIII series, you know.

Even if they might make a new XIII saga afterwards, right now, XIII is centered on Lightning, so it
makes sense to focus on Lightning, otherwise this would be like watching a Discovery Channel documentary.

Hmm, yeah.. I see your point. I still don't think they're doing a good job at trying to expanding the world though. Well at least they kinda developed the gods in FNC and showed us that FNC legend videos.
#10MagiusNecrosPosted 6/13/2013 10:09:35 AM
And besides how can you say it was planned if the consistency of quality of the Lightning Saga CONTINUES TO DEGRADE
---