Do you think LR world is better with a FF7 world map instead of painting?

#1xenosaga123Posted 6/20/2013 11:29:29 AM
at least FF8 world map should be standard for modern FF RPGs.

And yea FF 3D world maps are more open than just linear field areas.

For example, in FF7 world map, you can go from Midgar straight to Kalm town, BUT you could
also go visit Chocobo Ranch as well. AND cross the swamp into the cave which leads to the other side. Fort Condor is optional, and then there's Junon, as well as some forests along the way (and a cave on the side).

THEN at Coasta Del Sol, it gets a tad linear, but it opens up more once they get the vehicle that can cross rivers, so you can visit Gongaga town, or go straight to that village, um whatever it's called, (lots of town names to memorize across all FFs) and then further ahead is Nibelheim.

AND THEN once you go past that and the mountains, there's Rocket Town, and getting
that ship raft, basically any area with shallow water is open to you.

You can go to Wutai, you can go to the Northern Continent. And the world and accessibility
and openness keeps expanding as the story progresses. by the time the campaign reaches
its climax, the heroes can take airship, submarine and chocobo anywhere.

The 3D FF world map really opens up more epicness to FF RPG worlds than without it.

It is strange that even Lightning Returns still doesn't get a proper FF world map (which even
FF Type 0 did right, as well as Dissidia Duodecim despite the type of world they were in, and that has a lower budget than XIII games.)

I tell you there is something wacky about Kitase and Toriyama these days.
#2RomangeloPosted 6/20/2013 11:35:08 AM
Not interested.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > XV > II > III > I
#3TwilightOdinPosted 6/20/2013 11:36:44 AM
Romangelo posted...
Not interested.

---
If Lightning will fall for someone in LR, it's Hope. I said it first.
Oh, and LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#4HAAH_WAAWPosted 6/20/2013 11:41:11 AM
in-game feature vs concept art

wut
#5TwilightOdinPosted 6/20/2013 11:43:30 AM
HAAH_WAAW posted...

wut

You made me lol.
---
If Lightning will fall for someone in LR, it's Hope. I said it first.
Oh, and LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#6Elice_CarolPosted 6/20/2013 11:55:21 AM
....Cosmo Canyon?

Anyways, this game seems to have a lot of wide open areas, perhaps ones that interconnect as well.
---
"I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE %^&@i! JESUS CHRIST WHEN INSULTING ME.'' - ValcrisPL(s)
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#7xenosaga123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 12:40:23 PM
HAAH_WAAW posted...

wut

oh come on you know they will copy and paste the concept art as the "world map".

If XIII and XIII-2 are any indication, they don't care about what made the best FF RPG worlds so great.
#8AstroshakPosted 6/21/2013 9:25:33 AM
Actually, it is quite clear that they DO care what made the great FF's great.

They have to care. They KNOW. They simply choose to be different every game and specifically exclude the things that made the great FF's great.

No world map. No traditional leveling system. Are we actually going to return to having actual equipment, instead of just choosing a weapon? There are many more factors, too many to get into.

The deliberate exclusion of many if not all of those factors shows that they know what they are. Entirely too many get excluded for them to unaware of them, random chance is not that enthusiastic.
#9roxas9001Posted 6/21/2013 9:34:35 AM
Lol FFVII World Map
---
"Time to rise some hell"-Augus
#10Moomba33Posted 6/21/2013 9:37:28 AM
I don't care for traditional world maps, myself.
I like the way XII handled it, there was plenty to explore and all at the same scale.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie