If you can change Lightning's gender? would you do it?

#1gjvaquinoPosted 6/21/2013 9:47:17 AM
^Topic

When you get this game and it allows you to customize the playable character gender and appearance like that of most mmo's would you do it and why?

Seems to me that the main story's focus has never been about finding love for Lightning so in essence she can be either a male or a female and the story will still work out fine.

If you choose to keep her female, would you change anything about her?
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#2Plant42Posted 6/21/2013 9:54:56 AM
What does not finding love have to do with her gender?
#3MMX377Posted 6/21/2013 10:20:16 AM
gjvaquino posted...
^Topic

When you get this game and it allows you to customize the playable character gender and appearance like that of most mmo's would you do it and why?

Seems to me that the main story's focus has never been about finding love for Lightning so in essence she can be either a male or a female and the story will still work out fine.

If you choose to keep her female, would you change anything about her?

If Toriyama created a male character named Lightning, he wouldn't married him because he created him for a different purpose. Instead of the male character, he would inspire her and wanted her to finish her story. Maybe he would married her, but he created her for the game and a good cause.

The purpose of the Final Fantasy game is about who the main characters and other are for the story and background, not about the sexy appearance or gender or anything.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#4j-fielding95Posted 6/21/2013 10:33:21 AM
No. The only thing I would ever consider changing is her hair colour.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#5gjvaquino(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:36:48 AM
Plant42 posted...
What does not finding love have to do with her gender?

She is not romantically linked with any of the other characters so like I said she can be male or female and the story will still make sense.

Im just saying if you can change her gender like most mmo's in the start of the game would u do it and for whatever reason why?
---
Sneer
#6Elice_CarolPosted 6/21/2013 10:42:21 AM
Male Lightning? Don't give me any lewd thoughts.
---
"I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE %^&@i! JESUS CHRIST WHEN INSULTING ME.'' - ValcrisPL(s)
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#7gjvaquino(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2013 10:50:03 AM
Elice_Carol posted...

All I'm saying is it can work. I dnt think any of the narrative will be hugely affected if she was male. She'd be more a big bro to Serah. She'd be a be bro figure to hope. If she was male she CAN be linked to Fang and Vanille. Even be a rival for Snow. The possibilities are endless as the current storyline never gave her a romantic interest. She was so busy saving the world that's why there are times that she came of as unrelated-able.
---
Sneer
#8King_Shortt_IXPosted 6/21/2013 11:28:07 AM
Nah. Lightning is fine enough as it is.
---
The contents of this post may not reflect the views of the poster.
#9MMX377Posted 6/21/2013 11:32:25 AM
gjvaquino posted...
Elice_Carol posted...

All I'm saying is it can work. I dnt think any of the narrative will be hugely affected if she was male. She'd be more a big bro to Serah. She'd be a be bro figure to hope. If she was male she CAN be linked to Fang and Vanille. Even be a rival for Snow. The possibilities are endless as the current storyline never gave her a romantic interest. She was so busy saving the world that's why there are times that she came of as unrelated-able.

That would be... weird. You're talking about transgender.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#10Plant42Posted 6/21/2013 11:53:41 AM
I could imagine the Hope chapters. Male Lightning just wouldn't be the same