Did the XIII series change you in any way?

#41LolOkayPosted 6/27/2013 3:45:03 AM
Not really, but I guess it made me realise how much more value I put in the story over gameplay.
#42dils-dPosted 6/27/2013 4:06:28 AM
MysteryVeil posted...
Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

All cure, and hopefully stays that way. Will be ten years cancer free this September. :)

Congrats!

It's wonderful to hear that nice things do happen.
---
Candyman
#43sicko26usPosted 6/27/2013 5:16:06 AM
LolOkay posted...
Not really, but I guess it made me realise how much more value I put in the story over gameplay.

Great point, I never realized that I even cared about story until the 13 series showed me how bad they can be.
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#44MysteryVeilPosted 6/27/2013 6:07:59 AM
dils-d posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

All cure, and hopefully stays that way. Will be ten years cancer free this September. :)

Congrats!

It's wonderful to hear that nice things do happen.

Yeah! I know it doesn't have much to do with the topic, but when TC posted about things 'changing you' I immediately thought of that. Was the first thing that came to mind. And we always hear mostly about the sad and tragic experiences where someone unfortunately passes away, so it's nice to be able to share a story like that that is positive and has a more happy and hopeful ending.

That's not to say that there haven't been games that have inspired me in small ways. There have been quite a few that I've been able to take something from and apply it to my own life and way of thinking, but in this case XIII wasn't one of the ones where I took a lot from the characters or the story, though it was still a fun game for the most part. :)
---
Disgaea 3 Platinum...100% to goal!
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
#45minime_senPosted 6/27/2013 6:20:49 AM
It didn't change my life but it did change my view of a certain color.

Before XIII, my answers to anything pink were usually 'no'. Now, it has become 'yes, please'.
---
"Do I look like a frolicker?"
~ Mrs. Patmore <3
#46TwilightOdin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2013 6:58:44 AM
MysteryVeil posted...
Yeah! I know it doesn't have much to do with the topic, but when TC posted about things 'changing you' I immediately thought of that. Was the first thing that came to mind. And we always hear mostly about the sad and tragic experiences where someone unfortunately passes away, so it's nice to be able to share a story like that that is positive and has a more happy and hopeful ending.

That's not to say that there haven't been games that have inspired me in small ways. There have been quite a few that I've been able to take something from and apply it to my own life and way of thinking, but in this case XIII wasn't one of the ones where I took a lot from the characters or the story, though it was still a fun game for the most part. :)

I hope you can live a happy life. :D
---
If Lightning will fall for someone in LR, it's Hope. I said it first.
Oh, and LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#47gjvaquinoPosted 6/27/2013 8:24:30 AM
13 took me to a world that had a lot of potential. Im not gunna go breakdown 13-2 because there really is no point. but all in all it wasn't too bad. Not the best but not the worst. I would say that ff has always helped me cope by giving me something to look forward to with each new installment. There are times when you feel that there is not much you can do in life but wait things out and I would say that I'm glad that had games like these to keep me preoccupied. I think that's why ff is very important to many people because it has touched lives in many aspects. Some might think they are just games but to others its a way to escape or as a means to survive life. I just wished they made more games. Seems to me that there are less and less ff games lately... im not entirely sure about this but I feel we had more ff games in the psone and the ps2.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#48largerockPosted 6/27/2013 9:06:39 AM
XIII Made me appreciate games I played before that I thought were bad.

Except Clash of the Titans The Game. That crap is HORRID.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#49Yamato_sanPosted 6/27/2013 9:39:14 AM
sicko26us posted...
LolOkay posted...

Great point, I never realized that I even cared about story until the 13 series showed me how bad they can be.

and yet somehow, visual novels barely have a place in the west.

gjvaquino posted...
I just wished they made more games. Seems to me that there are less and less ff games lately... im not entirely sure about this but I feel we had more ff games in the psone and the ps2.

that is due to either A) Squenix whoring out sequel after sequel instead of simply moving onto the next numbered entry (which, ironically enough, can barely be called "sequels" themselves given how disconnected they are from their predecessors). Or B) though you probably heard this several times already if you've read up on news of Squenix whining about games like Tomb Raider failing expectations despite selling in the MILLIONS, these guys like to blow budgets the size of a small country's GDP in order to make the graphics look pretty enough. As a result, Square-Enix is one of few Japanese companies that seem to be following the highly flawed, over-bloated model of creating so-called "AAA games" that's become a topic of ridicule lately.