How does this board feel about FFXV?

#31sicko26usPosted 6/28/2013 3:39:30 PM
TwilightOdin posted...
sicko26us posted...
TwilightOdin posted...
sicko26us posted...
TwilightOdin posted...

Are you kidding me, boy?
The FNC mythos in XIII differs from the one in Type-0 because developers are left to do whatever they want with them.

L'Cie in XIII are granted a Focus that, if completed, grants them "Eternal Life" by going to crystal sleep, waking up for another Focus, going to crystal sleep again, and so on.

In Type-0, as much as I know, L'Cie are granted Eternal youth, but in time, they start to lose their emotions, and eventually becoming emotionless.

And you still believe that Toriyama has something to do with XV? Off with you!

I love it when you guys bring up a game that was never released here, it gives you tons of credibility.

It sure does beat being uncultured.

Do you even know what that means? I do.

I was brought up in a culture that values story over gameplay.

Try going to school.

>implying that I value gameplay more.

Listen, now. Did you even TRY to look up things from T-0?

If not, then go and don't be so aggressive next time.

Wrong, I was implying that you don't know what cultured means and you proved me right. Why would I look at something that isn't included in a $60 game? If you disagree with anything I have ever said that means you support incomplete storytelling.

We paid $60, we deserve a complete story
---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#32j-fielding95Posted 6/28/2013 3:41:34 PM
sicko26us posted...
Wrong, I was implying that you don't know what cultured means and you proved me right. Why would I look at something that isn't included in a $60 game? If you disagree with anything I have ever said that means you support incomplete storytelling.

Now you're saying Type-0 is an incomplete game?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#33sicko26usPosted 6/28/2013 4:03:01 PM(edited)
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...

Fair enough, I am on my way to the store to pick it up now...

What I am saying is you (and others) cannot use anything in Type 0, because we cannot play it.

---
Motomu Toriyama is the worst writer in the history of video games, if you agree add this quote.
#34j-fielding95Posted 6/28/2013 4:05:53 PM
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...

What I am saying is you (and others) cannot use anything in Type 0, because we cannot play it.

Yes we can. You import it. We can also read the story online.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_ONVOTwt0k#t=03m49s
#35sicko26usPosted 6/28/2013 4:22:20 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...

Great, so now I have to learn Japanese AND import a game, just to understand the 13 series. You aren't helping your case.
---
#36TwilightOdinPosted 6/28/2013 4:59:19 PM
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...

Great, so now I have to learn Japanese AND import a game, just to understand the 13 series. You aren't helping your case.

"Read the story online"

Some people translate the story, you know.
---
If Lightning will fall for someone in LR, it's Hope. I said it first.
Oh, and LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#37TwilightOdinPosted 6/28/2013 5:01:29 PM
sicko26us posted...

That measn we shouldn't be using Japanese exclusive interviews, too. Because we cannot understand them.
---
If Lightning will fall for someone in LR, it's Hope. I said it first.
Oh, and LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#38hyro56Posted 6/28/2013 9:12:26 PM
Where's the "I'm going to wait for more information" option? There's no way I could get hyped for a game that I know little to nothing about.
---
"Lightning Returns is being made by delusional narcissistic auteurs."
#39sicko26usPosted 6/29/2013 7:03:56 AM
TwilightOdin posted...
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
sicko26us posted...
j-fielding95 posted...

"Read the story online"

Some people translate the story, you know.

Once again WHY? I paid $60 I deserve a beginning, middle, and ending.
---
#40LuBu1975Posted 6/29/2013 7:17:42 AM
I voted 'It's gonna be bad' (but hope it isn't). I just have apprehensions about a dated spin-off being up to the standards expected from a main next-gen FF.

Online FFs and sequels/spin-offs being bad are forgivable but not the main series.
---
Playing: Dissidia 012, Suikoden 5.
Watching: Hokuto No Ken. Reading: The Bourne Identity.