Let's talk about: Nova Chrysalia! *Possible Spoilers*

#1TwilightOdinPosted 6/29/2013 1:34:33 PM
Nova Chrysalia, a world on the brink of destruction

“Nova Chrysalia, a world diseased by Chaos. Made up of four regions, a monorail provides transportation for travel throughout this realm. Lightning, the protagonist, begins her final adventure in this plague-ridden land devoid of hope. However, her journey won't be long, as the Chaos has bled through the soil, drawing near the world's end.”
—Official description

Nova Chrysalia is the last remaining bit of land after the merger of The Seen Realm - Cocoon and Gran Pulse - and The Unseen Realm - Valhalla -.

It consists of four continents - Luxerion, The Dead Dunes, Yusnaan, and The Wildlands -, each having it's own atmosphere, such as Yusnaan being the city of revelry and celebration.

Nova Chrysalia is doomed to destruction, for it well end in anywhere from seven days to thirteen days.

Luxerion, the divine city of light and prayer, is a metropolis ruled by the Order, an organization devout to their god, Bhunivelze. When Lightning wakes up from her sleep, she finds out that there are murders in The City of Light, and she tries to investigate who, or what, is committing these murders.

The Dead Dunes is a lifeless desert within which rests a holy relic. This region is covered with endless desert sands as far as the eye can see. Monsters with a character unique to the area appear in this region, such as the sand swimming fiends of the open desert and the undead horrors that lurk within the ruins. Majestic ruins lie half-buried in the sand. They serve as landmarks for Lightning as she explores the wasteland. A group of bandits are operating in the Dead Dunes, whose chief appears to know all about Lightning. Could it be that they've met before?

Yusnaan, The city of revelry. Snow, called The Patron by it's inhabitants, rules over it and maintains the city's peace. Yusnaan is famed for its banquets and revelries, and draws pleasure-seekers from other parts of the world. One of Yusnaan's landmarks is the famous Cactuar Statue, which is always surrounded by tourists who come to take photos of it.

The Wildlands is the fourth continent of Nova Chrysalia.

Besides the four continents, there is also Bhunivelze, an enormous man-made sphere-shaped ark which floats due to the five Graviton Cores used in its structure. The idea of creating Bhunivelze was proposed by Director Hope Estheim, to house the human race in it's shell, as a substitution to the now crystallized Cocoon. Construction of Bhunivelze began in 10AF, and ended in 500AF. Bhunivelze was launched just before Chaos was released unto Gran Pulse.
---
If Lightning will fall for someone in LR, it's Hope. I said it first.
Oh, and LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#2TwilightOdin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:43:30 PM
I like the part where she'll be using ruins as landmarks in The Dead Dunes.
Hopefully, that means the radar/Minimap won't work there, something like XII and places thick with Mist.
---
#3Elice_CarolPosted 6/29/2013 1:47:25 PM
Oh, what I'd give to explore Bhunivelze.
---
"Panda types slower than it takes Blaze to find a date.'' - ValcrisPL(s)
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#4TwilightOdin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:49:29 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
Oh, what I'd give to explore Bhunivelze.

I know, right?
And we still have nothing on Wildlands.
---
#5madapocketPosted 6/29/2013 1:51:23 PM
TwilightOdin posted...
Hopefully, that means the radar/Minimap won't work there, something like XII and places thick with Mist.

Maybe. But it doesn't have to mean a lot, since Hope proposed they use Carbuncle as a landmark in XIII, and that meant squat there.

But there's something about the wording here though... as she explores the wasteland... hmm. It'd be cool with an area with the possibility of actually getting lost in the XIII series.
---
http://i.imgur.com/L9SJDjx.jpg
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=612944
#6TwilightOdin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 1:53:44 PM
madapocket posted...
TwilightOdin posted...

Maybe. But it doesn't have to mean a lot, since Hope proposed they use Carbuncle as a landmark in XIII, and that meant squat there.

But there's something about the wording here though... as she explores the wasteland... hmm. It'd be cool with an area with the possibility of actually getting lost in the XIII series.

A man can dream. *Dreams*
---
#7TwilightOdin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 4:12:06 PM
I put ALOT of work into this, so I deserve some attention for it... >.>
---
#8Moeman_Posted 6/29/2013 4:20:47 PM
I know the popular theory on the bandit leader is that it's Fang. But what if it's Sazh? I think it'd be badass.I mean, think about it: Sazh doesn't get much exposure, so it'd make sense that they hadn't revealed the bandit boss yet due to it being him.

And then Fang and Vanille are in the Wildlands, which would round out everything quite nicely.
---
"Be confident, think positive!"
#9TwilightOdin(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 4:25:10 PM
Moeman_ posted...
I know the popular theory on the bandit leader is that it's Fang. But what if it's Sazh? I think it'd be badass.I mean, think about it: Sazh doesn't get much exposure, so it'd make sense that they hadn't revealed the bandit boss yet due to it being him.

And then Fang and Vanille are in the Wildlands, which would round out everything quite nicely.

The Wildlands seems to be the biggest of the four, so it need two for it a la Fang and Vanille.
#Swag
---
#10madapocketPosted 6/29/2013 4:32:09 PM
But the thief leader is a she.
---
http://i.imgur.com/L9SJDjx.jpg
http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=612944