Why do they allow such cheesy cringe inducing bad writing?

#81LightningPoohPosted 7/5/2013 2:46:16 AM
Vekkerer posted...
LightningPooh posted...
This is Final Fantasy, they always have cheesy lines.

No.

And even if that weak old defence was even remotely true, it still wouldn't excuse these games.
So no.

I guess somebody hasn't played Final Fantasy before.

It's completely true. You're just getting emotional because I'm it to defend LR.
---
Attempting to be nice to everyone. Even trolls..
~ Lightning's No.1 fan <3 ~
#82j-fielding95Posted 7/5/2013 2:51:39 AM
dils-d posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
dils-d posted...
Tactics and XII certainly didn't feel as corny as Toriyama's nonsense.

I think XII is one of the only FF's that could be argued there is no cheesy dialogue. I love the dialogue and voice acting in that game.

I feel like if the writers of XII and the gameplay dudes of XIII were to collaborate, they could create something truly amazing.

I'd just be happy if we got the voice direction and dialog back in a future FF. I do think the writers could be better though, the story could get pretty boring at times.
---
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png
#83TirMcDohlPosted 7/5/2013 3:01:41 AM
KaiKun91 posted...
This has got to be the first FF game to have a story that has so many twist and tide and turn and twist and ???. I don't even know anymore.

^ FF XIII trilogy is like naruto , instead of getting complex but simple at the same time , it's getting convoluted. The story is getting annoying, more story plot they dig, more plot hole they got.

People should have already gotten a clue where the story was going to be headed when Toriyama made live presentation about this game year ago.
---
Sieg Zeon
#84Panda_KunPosted 7/5/2013 12:54:35 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
ITT: An all out fanboys and haters battle royale. /SMH

With plenty of cheese dip

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lij2jr9aAI1qflpc1o1_500.jpg

Yummy. :O
---
The Official Pancham of Every F****** Board
Ellie from "TLOU" is a total boss.
#85ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 7/5/2013 2:52:03 PM
Dialogue is always cheesy, and honestly it doesn't matter.

You could slap a Final Fantasy lable on a clod of mud and still sell at least a million.
---
Everyone thinks they are special and the exception to the rule...everyone...and they are all wrong -RonD70
#86dils-dPosted 7/5/2013 2:55:06 PM
j-fielding95 posted...
dils-d posted...
j-fielding95 posted...
dils-d posted...
Tactics and XII certainly didn't feel as corny as Toriyama's nonsense.

I think XII is one of the only FF's that could be argued there is no cheesy dialogue. I love the dialogue and voice acting in that game.

I feel like if the writers of XII and the gameplay dudes of XIII were to collaborate, they could create something truly amazing.

I'd just be happy if we got the voice direction and dialog back in a future FF. I do think the writers could be better though, the story could get pretty boring at times.

Dialogue is everything.

Monologues and datalogs just don't do the trick.
---
http://goo.gl/k0pvh
#87MysteryVeilPosted 7/5/2013 3:39:20 PM
I actually don't mind cheese for the most part. It wasn't really the fact that the dialogue was cheesy in the XIII saga that bothered me. There was something else about it that just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm not quite sure what or how to explain it.
---
Disgaea 3 Platinum...100% to goal!
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
#88VekkererPosted 7/5/2013 4:23:59 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
I actually don't mind cheese for the most part. It wasn't really the fact that the dialogue was cheesy in the XIII saga that bothered me. There was something else about it that just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, but I'm not quite sure what or how to explain it.

Maybe it was the unreal part?
Yes, all FF have had the occasional cheesy lines - No, Defence Force, that does not mean that they've all been cheesy or that that somehow excuses XIII of being cheesy - but they were bearable. My biggest gripe with the dialogue in this game wasn't the cheese but rather the fact that it seems to have been written for and by aliens. You'd never hear anyone in real Life speak like these clowns do.

Maybe your issue was something similar?
---
"And you have proved to be
A real human being and a real hero..."
#89LightningPoohPosted 7/5/2013 4:28:38 PM
Vekkerer posted...
Yes, all FF have had the occasional cheesy lines - No, Defence Force, that does not mean that they've all been cheesy or that that somehow excuses XIII of being cheesy - but they were bearable. My biggest gripe with the dialogue in this game wasn't the cheese but rather the fact that it seems to have been written for and by aliens. You'd never hear anyone in real Life speak like these clowns do.

That's true, but then again it isn't real life.
---
Attempting to be nice to everyone. Even trolls..
~ Lightning's No.1 fan <3 ~
#90zodiac_swordPosted 7/5/2013 4:50:31 PM
LightningPooh posted...
Vekkerer posted...

That's true, but then again it isn't real life.

That doesn't mean the characters should speak in a way the makes the player feel alienated from the game.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?