Toriyama's writing fascinates me.

#31LightningPoohPosted 7/5/2013 7:39:52 AM
BluezHighwindz posted...
Blackmarvel79 posted...
Elice_Carol posted...
With stuff like I AM NO FAL'CIE SLAVE to Etro/Bhunivelze's lackey, chaos being used as a plot hole filler, dummy Etro and the grand soap opera of the gods, I really do wonder how his mind works.

That's why I'm playing this bonkers series. The gameplay's fun, but trying to make sense of the plot is the real clincher here.

Its what the Japanese are into. This time Travel Eastern God stuff isnt catered to us Western folk.

Does that explain how just unimaginably awful some of the recent animes have been? Cause if you like how incoherent FFXIII has been, you could try Eureka Seven Ao. Maybe the Japanese don't like good stories anymore.

XIII was incoherent? Maybe for a 3 year old.
---
Attempting to be nice to everyone. Even trolls..
~ Lightning's No.1 fan <3 ~
#32_Dim_Posted 7/5/2013 8:03:13 AM
It's impressive how little people understand the FFXIII saga.

FFXIII incoherent, WTF, the plot it's not perfect, but it makes sense after you connect the pieces.

And the haters who keep complaining about LR story, are they dumb? It seems they didn't get the XIII-2 ending.
#33LightningPoohPosted 7/5/2013 8:53:37 AM
_Dim_ posted...
It's impressive how little people understand the FFXIII saga.

FFXIII incoherent, WTF, the plot it's not perfect, but it makes sense after you connect the pieces.

And the haters who keep complaining about LR story, are they dumb? It seems they didn't get the XIII-2 ending.

It seems some people are just exceptionally dumb and ignorant, which is okay as we need those kind of people to take advantage of in life.
---
Attempting to be nice to everyone. Even trolls..
~ Lightning's No.1 fan <3 ~
#34TrueBURPPosted 7/5/2013 9:03:48 AM
Where coherence is concered, the plot is coherent enough, I guess. It's just... I don't know, lame? Frustrating? What really bugs is how everything in the end boils down to the will of the gods (or the fal'Cie, whatever), leaving everything the main characters done as plain useless. You can't split the party because they've been branded l'Cie, and if they spirit away from their missions they turn into Cie'th. (Seriously, that reminded me of some lame excuses I gave as a thirteen years old dungeon master in D&D to make the group go with the adventure I had planned...). In the end, it's Etro that comes down and saves everyone in the Orphan fight. Then she turns Laightning into her agent, and she starts coming to the rescue when everything seems to go wrong for Noel and Serah. And so on.

Yeah, I guess "frustrating" is a good enough word.
---
SCREAM POETRY...
#35Elice_Carol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 9:05:47 AM
Does that explain how just unimaginably awful some of the recent animes have been? Cause if you like how incoherent FFXIII has been, you could try Eureka Seven Ao. Maybe the Japanese don't like good stories anymore.

Moe bollocks is the only truly bad stuff, and I've watched enough Eureka Seven to decide against watching any more of it.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#36Payback85Posted 7/5/2013 3:12:26 PM
Elice_Carol posted...
With stuff like I AM NO FAL'CIE SLAVE to Etro/Bhunivelze's lackey, chaos being used as a plot hole filler, dummy Etro and the grand soap opera of the gods, I really do wonder how his mind works.

That's why I'm playing this bonkers series. The gameplay's fun, but trying to make sense of the plot is the real clincher here.

I've been trying to put my feelings for some of this stuff, the main thing that I think has bothered me about this series as least since XIII-2, into words, and I'm not quite there yet, but let me sum up:

I can't think of another game, certainly not a Final Fantasy game, where our supposed main characters have been such pawns of remote, distant "gods". If anything, our protagonists are usually fighting against the machinations of "god", but now, it's almost like nothing they do matters, the characters in these games are completely insignificant and expendable, because IT'S NOT ABOUT THEM.

This question is yet to be satisfactorily answered: What is Lightning's PERSONAL stake in this battle? What is making her fight?
#37Elice_Carol(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 3:58:57 PM
She fights for Serah's sake, that's it. But, I don't sympathize with her as much as Noel, who really got his ass handed to him in XIII-2's ending.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/