What is the Realm of the Unseen?(In-depth discussion may contain spoilers)

#1MagiusNecrosPosted 7/9/2013 5:49:22 AM(edited)
A possible notion is that each FF world is connected through what is known as the Interdimensional Rift. And only a select few entities can actually traverse it.

Cid of the Lufaine(if the whole "he is the eyes of the player" is to be believed), GILGAMESH, Shinryu, Omega and what have you. Possibly Garland.

The rift has many names and may not be mutually exclusive(meaning it may or may not be the same thing) to "The Void", "The Interdimensional Rift", "Realm of the Unseen".

Very little is known about this place or places as it can be one entity or separate dimension, or it could be a series of pocket dimensions, rips in space time.

Other then the variations of the rift unless otherwise stated(like spinoffs and sequels that essentially say so such as Tactics being post XII Ivalice or plain straight sequels) no FF game really connects to each other.

FF3 and FF5 refer to the Void but they differ. FF3 simply has a very powerful monster emerge from it's version of the Void using Xande as a leverage tool. This monster's self driven task is to bring balance to the world if one tip of the Light/Dark scale bowls over. It's not all that evil but is a threat to the humanoid races since they would be wiped out. So in a way it isn't evil but is perceived as evil at the same time.

FF5 has it where a great Warlock with Immortality known as Enuo created a mass entity known as the Void. A living creature without form. However it only knew how to consume and to properly use it's power you must have it consume something, if by some chance it is unable to consume something or it is repelled it goes for it's master. In the instance places are consumed they are simply locked in such a state where time has stopped. In one instance they are stopped in their tracks, but in another instance within that pocket dimension within the void although time has stopped those involved can still move freely. Such is the example of FF5's Phantom Village.

Other games may have references that hint towards the Rift such as FF8 with GILGAMESH but Odin's Zantetsuken had to break the boundary for him to surface in FF8's world. There are also implications of the Lunatic Pandora releasing some sort of Dimensional lock or seal that was placed on one of FF8's moons, hence the mass amount of monsters escaping from it along with Adel.

FNC has the common theme of certain entities trying to unlock Etro's Gate to the unseen, I am unsure of what this entails but if I had to hazard a guess it would be actually the Incorporeal plane of existence that the high gods actually exist on such as: Pulse, Lindzei, Bhunivelze and what have you. Yet due to the different installments it is hard to grasp since the Unseen is referred as a higher plane of existence and in other places the realm of death(underworld). So it's really hard to place what the Unseen actually is.

My question is what exactly is the Unseen realm and what is the reasoning for trying to gain access to it? Does it grant power? Is it a misunderstood notion on why Fal'cie want their creator or maker back within reach? Is there any point to it after said goal is achieved. I find while the goal seems plausible, there isn't explanation as to why it is sought after nor is there any indication what the next step would be if it was ever achieved?

---
Reggie Fils-Aime - PLAY. THE. GAME.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#2LightningPoohPosted 7/9/2013 5:48:31 AM
I see you wasted no time in writing Gilgamesh in capitals.
---
Some people just think they're so damn great. Catch, I threw you some shade!
~ Lightning's No.1 fan, and idc what anybody has to say <3 ~
#3MagiusNecros(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 6:05:19 AM
I expected better then a unfunny quip.
---
Reggie Fils-Aime - PLAY. THE. GAME.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#4LightningPoohPosted 7/9/2013 6:17:30 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
I expected better then a unfunny quip.

It wasn't supposed to be funny GILGAMESH.
---
Some people just think they're so damn great. Catch, I threw you some shade!
~ Lightning's No.1 fan, and idc what anybody has to say <3 ~
#5xenosaga123Posted 7/9/2013 6:17:45 AM
Gilgy could have a grindcore song
#6TwilightOdinPosted 7/9/2013 7:29:36 AM
It is "Unseen" for Mortals, they only know the name of it. And Yeul and generally all who lived after Cocoon's fall know it as Valhalla, the realm of the Goddess. But what if there were several "Unseen" realms, one for each high entity? The realm of Pulse, the realm of Lindzei, and the realm of the Maker, Bhunivelze.
---
My dreams of seeing HopuRai come true have shattered like crystal...
LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#7GoldPhalanxPosted 7/9/2013 7:30:42 AM
I hope Lumina can traverse it. I want to see her in more games :D
---
~Official Number One Fan of Lumina's Nose~
3DS FC: 1134-7785-2919 Name: Tyler
#8TwilightOdinPosted 7/9/2013 7:45:40 AM
GoldPhalanx posted...
I hope Lumina can traverse it. I want to see her in more games :D

Can you please stop derailing topics with your Lumina fandom? Pretty please?
---
#9roxas9001Posted 7/9/2013 8:08:19 AM
MagiusNecros posted...
My question is what exactly is the Unseen realm and what is the reasoning for trying to gain access to it? Does it grant power? Is it a misunderstood notion on why Fal'cie want their creator or maker back within reach? Is there any point to it after said goal is achieved. I find while the goal seems plausible, there isn't explanation as to why it is sought after nor is there any indication what the next step would be if it was ever achieved?

Bart wanted to go to wherever Lindzei was, not bring him back.

Or just read through this-http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/faqs/63575

TwilightOdin posted...
It is "Unseen" for Mortals, they only know the name of it. And Yeul and generally all who lived after Cocoon's fall know it as Valhalla, the realm of the Goddess. But what if there were several "Unseen" realms, one for each high entity? The realm of Pulse, the realm of Lindzei, and the realm of the Maker, Bhunivelze.

Lindzei/Pulse resides in a place called "Domain of the Gods"
---
It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy---Dante
#10TwilightOdinPosted 7/9/2013 8:11:02 AM
roxas9001 posted...
TwilightOdin posted...

Lindzei/Pulse resides in a place called "Domain of the Gods"

Huh... Ok.
---