What is the Realm of the Unseen?(In-depth discussion may contain spoilers)

#11Chaos-StrikerPosted 7/9/2013 7:59:40 AM
S'a good question...I never thought about the actual reason for seeking out the Unseen Realm. For all the Fantasies, the Void seems to be the only, if any, connection between them. For the 3rd and 5th Fantasy, powerful entities sought to bring the world into absolute nothingness for eternity, to be consumed by the Void even themselves.

In the 13th Fantasy, a supernatural phenomenon with no intelligence already seems to work toward this: Chaos, a malevolent, nonsentient substance that seeks to consume and corrupt everything that exists around it and bring it into the Unseen Realm/Valhalla. It makes time stagnant. But it also seems to grant a shard of power to those that have an affinity for it (like Serah and Noel).

It has already been proven to the gods what chaos is and what it can do. Perhaps they, namely Bhunivelze, seek it and the Unseen Realm, where it resides and is borne of, for the grand scheme of its power or to consume and rule the worlds of both the Visible (human) Realm and Unseen Realm all in one.

That's my theory off the top of my head
---
~A different breed of gamer
#12Elice_CarolPosted 7/9/2013 4:21:36 PM
It is "Unseen" for Mortals, they only know the name of it. And Yeul and generally all who lived after Cocoon's fall know it as Valhalla, the realm of the Goddess. But what if there were several "Unseen" realms, one for each high entity? The realm of Pulse, the realm of Lindzei, and the realm of the Maker, Bhunivelze.

They just have different scales of existence, really. That's why Pulse and Orphan have their own realms.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#13Chaos-StrikerPosted 7/11/2013 6:01:59 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
It is "Unseen" for Mortals, they only know the name of it. And Yeul and generally all who lived after Cocoon's fall know it as Valhalla, the realm of the Goddess. But what if there were several "Unseen" realms, one for each high entity? The realm of Pulse, the realm of Lindzei, and the realm of the Maker, Bhunivelze.

They just have different scales of existence, really. That's why Pulse and Orphan have their own realms.

For me, this begs the question of why most of those realms all seem to share the same physics; namely: the bell tolls we often hear in the Unseen Realm. We even heard it in Pulse's realm way back in the beginning of XIII. Could all the realms share the same origin of Valhalla or could it just be the chaos, which I thought was only beind held in Valhalla/Etro's realm?
---
~A different breed of gamer
#14roxas9001Posted 7/11/2013 6:29:38 AM
Chaos-Striker posted...
namely: the bell tolls we often hear in the Unseen Realm. We even heard it in Pulse's realm way back in the beginning of XIII. Could all the realms share the same origin of Valhalla or could it just be the chaos, which I thought was only beind held in Valhalla/Etro's realm?

His body has bells on it that's why.
---
It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy---Dante
#15Elice_CarolPosted 7/11/2013 5:19:51 PM
His body has bells on it that's why.

What if the inside of Pulse's body was, like, a cathedral that you had to traverse? The idea just appeared in my head.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/