FF13-2 Fragments After Translation - The Continuation

#1mecorxPosted 7/16/2013 2:31:53 AM
It begins!

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:FFXIII-2_Fragments_After_Translation_Project
#2_Dim_Posted 7/16/2013 4:13:21 AM
Thanks again.
#3LightningPoohPosted 7/16/2013 4:15:46 AM
Thanks!

I will give thee a coupon for 2 to buy whatever you wish.
---
"I'm more powerful that I ever was, but it came with a price. I'm not even sure if I'm human any more." - Lightning
~ LIGHTNING's No.1 fan ~
#4Elice_CarolPosted 7/16/2013 4:35:18 AM
Thank you so much. You're most definitely of a divine nature, at least.
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#5TwilightOdinPosted 7/16/2013 1:16:49 PM
Praise be to thee, O divine one!
---
My dreams of seeing HopuRai come true have shattered like crystal...
LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#6kate08Posted 7/17/2013 2:21:53 PM
Coda is confusing who is talking it sounds like yeul or a collection of yeuls which doesn't make sense because its the same soul reborn again and again.
#7mecorx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 6:56:38 PM
kate08 posted...
Coda is confusing who is talking it sounds like yeul or a collection of yeuls which doesn't make sense because its the same soul reborn again and again.

I'm not sure what part you're referring to, exactly. I didn't translate this, but I did take a look at the original. It does say she wants someone to "save us", but it's just one person speaking. She could simply mean that she wants someone to save all of them.

The "(plural)" notes in the translation is modifying the "you"; the people whom she is referring to. It's necessary since literary English doesn't really have a proper plural for the word "you". She's basically saying "Can you people save us?"
#8roxas9001Posted 7/17/2013 7:00:47 PM
mecorx posted...
kate08 posted...

I'm not sure what part you're referring to, exactly. I didn't translate this, but I did take a look at the original. It does say she wants someone to "save us", but it's just one person speaking. She could simply mean that she wants someone to save all of them.

The "(plural)" notes in the translation is modifying the "you"; the people whom she is referring to. It's necessary since literary English doesn't really have a proper plural for the word "you". She's basically saying "Can you people save us?"

I did a test shot for Snow's chapter but realized that the POS phone can't/dislikes sending stuff correctly.
---
It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy---Dante
#9mecorx(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 8:23:44 PM
Do you have a camera? :o
#10roxas9001Posted 7/17/2013 9:03:56 PM
mecorx posted...
Do you have a camera? :o

Not with me, its boxed up.
---
It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy---Dante