In your opinion, what is Square-Enix doing wrong?

#1LienhartPosted 7/23/2013 12:04:44 PM
Is it just because we grew up or do Final Fantasy games actually suck now?
#2dils-dPosted 7/23/2013 12:07:22 PM
Making me love them.
---
im on cloud canon dudes otp
#3King_Shortt_IXPosted 7/23/2013 12:07:58 PM
That is a loaded question, but I would say both. Growing up and nostalgia have played a part in this rift, but SE's incompetence in developing games this gen and public relations have played a big role as well.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.
#4TwilightOdinPosted 7/23/2013 12:09:30 PM
Listening to "fans".
---
My dreams of seeing HopuRai come true have shattered like crystal...
LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#5j-fielding95Posted 7/23/2013 12:17:45 PM
Nothing. They are doing everything perfectly.

So much so I have LR, XIV, X/X-2HD and XV all pre ordered.
---
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png
#6Panda_KunPosted 7/23/2013 12:24:42 PM
Making another lame Lightning game that the fanboys go crazy over.
---
The Official Pancham of Every F****** Board
Ellie from "TLOU" is a total boss.
#7StupidMofozPosted 7/23/2013 12:26:35 PM(edited)
So far they are doing everything, the mmorpgs are my favorite entries in the entire series and this game looks really great also.
#8j-fielding95Posted 7/23/2013 12:28:19 PM
Panda_Kun posted...
Making another lame Lightning game that the fanboys go crazy over.

You're lame.
---
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png
#9Lienhart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:57:56 PM
Here is an all time view of their stock performance, aka, what inventors and the public think of them without the fanboy/news paper bull crap.

https://www.google.ca/finance?cid=679777

As you can see, Square-Enix did extremely well during the PS2 era. Following the global economic crash in 2008, they never recovered. I'm no stock expert, but I've made money off companies I believe in (namely, Activision Blizzard).

In my opinion, Square-Enix's decisions reek of arrogance. While Final Fantasy XIII and XII-2 weren't completely abysmal, Final Fantasy XIV was. I remember getting into the game's beta and seeing the flop before it even occurred. It doesn't take a system analyst or systems engineer to see what was wrong with the game. Many gamers were screaming doom and giving good reasons for Square-Enix to not push their product out but with no official way to communicate with them (aka forums), the product was pushed and millions of dollars lost.

Now, Square-Enix is doing the complete reverse, listening to everything the fans are saying. I don't know if this is a better approach because Blizzard, while known for listening to fans, doesn't listen to every single whine, if they did we'd have a FOTM class every month in World of Warcraft.

Square-Enix clearly has lost huge amounts of money otherwise they would have not been forced to reuse Final Fantasy XIII assets three times and renamed Versus XV. I really do hope that they get themselves out of this ditch because no matter what the fanboys say, the inventors have the final word, no money invested == no games for us and the charts show constant drops =(
#10MalakTawusPosted 7/23/2013 1:08:49 PM
I still love their games so i have absolutely no problem with SE.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."