I have figured why the girl resembled with serah is called lumina (spoiler)

#1saniamPosted 7/26/2013 3:47:21 AM(edited)
Lumina, a girl looked like serah physically (although some people said this is slight different) with different personality is theoretically the way that the name Claire changed become Lightning.

Both have resemblance, Serah and Claire reflect the names of the common people with no deep meaning by the way. when Lightning was Claire, If I'm not mistaken she had a different personality (feminine version of lightning maybe), so Lumina's name was given because the theory of her changing personality.
Lightning and Lumina, also have resemblance in the meaning that Lightning is self explainable and Lumina is also light. Both words refer to light.

here is the explanation from final fantasy wikia

"Lumina is a word of Latin origin, the plural form of the word lumen, meaning "light". An alternate definition of lumen, however, is "eye", which could be a reference to Serah's Eyes of Etro in Final Fantasy XIII-2."

This is how I broke the puzzle "Lumina is resembled with serah and lightning" while the resemblance with serah is actually serah and the resemblance with lightning is the way how serah's name changed into Lumina

So, my speculation is that Lumina is supposed to be Serah's reincarnation just like Yeul was and with no memory of her past.. And Lumina is serah's first and last reincarnation. because when lumina died again, she won't be reincarnated anymore and would be gone for good due to Etro losing her power (it is confirmed that Etro did not die I read somewhere). So that Serah's given chance to be reincarnated but was incomplete.

But again Square Enix comes with a lot of surprises and again this is only my speculation. Yours?
#2HeyItsZantPosted 7/26/2013 3:43:01 AM
Nice theory, but I can't say I haven't seen it posted multiple times.
---
El Psy Congroo
#3saniam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 3:50:55 AM
Yeah I've seen many theories that Lumina is actually Serah's reincarnation and other said that she was completely different person. But my theory was just popped out of my head.
#4HeyItsZantPosted 7/26/2013 3:52:21 AM
saniam posted...
Yeah I've seen many theories that Lumina is actually Serah's reincarnation and other said that she was completely different person. But my theory was just popped out of my head.

Yeah I'm sure it did, it's not hard to think that when it feels so obvious haha.
---
El Psy Congroo
#5e4joshPosted 7/26/2013 3:57:27 AM
But how could she be a reincarnation if Noel supposedly killed Etro..? Etro used to send Yeul's soul back into the living realm as she felt sorry for her (or something along them lines), but now Etro is 'dead' how is that possible TC? Nice theory though, can't say I haven't seen it before, but very applausable.
---
If only Cocoon existed in real life. * sigh *
#6saniam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 4:01:01 AM
Then, in other meanings that Lumina is corrupted Serah. She was being reincarnated at the times Etro gradually losing her power. Remember when you download something and it is not done due to reduced internet connection broadband you may still be able to open the files but it was incomplete. Same as this reincarnation process.
#7saniam(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 4:02:25 AM
Sorry to double post, again Etro did not die but she was just losing her power and it is confirmed.
#8e4joshPosted 7/26/2013 4:09:58 AM
saniam posted...
Then, in other meanings that Lumina is corrupted Serah. She was being reincarnated at the times Etro gradually losing her power. Remember when you download something and it is not done due to reduced internet connection broadband you may still be able to open the files but it was incomplete. Same as this reincarnation process.

Hmm, yeah but this is a goddess, not a computer file... Its only sending her soul back into the living realm, also, the living realm and Chaos having merged to make a new unseen realm... So even if Etro did send Yeul or Serah back, she would of had to be sent back into another dimension as her soul would already be in Nova Crystalia.
---
If only Cocoon existed in real life. * sigh *
#9j-fielding95Posted 7/26/2013 4:12:04 AM
saniam posted...
Sorry to double post, again Etro did not die but she was just losing her power and it is confirmed.

Where was that confirmed?
---
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png
#10MalakTawusPosted 7/26/2013 4:13:30 AM
It would be strange imo since so far all the reincarnations were absolutely identical while Lumina is clearly different than Serah.

There will obviously be a connection between Lumina and Serah, but i doubt Lumina is someone's reincarnation.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."