New game plus is coming to LR

#1kate08Posted 7/28/2013 11:00:43 AM
Q8: Final Fantasy XIII-2 featured multiple endings how about this game?
A8: This is the last installment in the Lightning Saga, so there is only one ending. Outside of this, if you fail to save the world, of course its game over, and the New Game Plus feature will allow you to explore new areas of the world after completing the game.
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/vanille-will-also-have-a-role-to-play-in-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/

this is good news at least we can go back and explore the areas we've missed without having to start from scratch.
#2dils-dPosted 7/28/2013 11:12:30 AM
Wait, didn't they say you could do everything in one playthrough, but it'd be hard without a guide?

Toriyama and contradictions go hand in hand.
---
im on cloud canon dudes otp
#3ayalorenPosted 7/28/2013 11:14:09 AM
dils-d posted...
Wait, didn't they say you could do everything in one playthrough, but it'd be hard without a guide?

Except that it was Abe who said it, and it was a translation.
---
There is comfort in this great unknown.
#4ExtremeLightPosted 7/28/2013 11:14:31 AM
dils-d posted...

Paradox!
---
Lightning Returns is looking epic.
#5kate08(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 11:24:29 AM
ayaloren posted...
dils-d posted...

they said that a few months back so maybe they decided to add new game plus afterwards. its a lot better then what we got in ff13-2 , I thought you could start the game again with your characters at a higher level but no we just got the option to close the gates and play the level again.

maybe just maybe SE has actually made a decent FF game since FFX.
#6HAAH_WAAWPosted 7/28/2013 11:26:58 AM
dils-d posted...

nothing in the OP contradicts what Abe said. lol
#7ayalorenPosted 7/28/2013 11:27:02 AM
kate08 posted...
ayaloren posted...
dils-d posted...

they said that a few months back so maybe they decided to add new game plus afterwards. its a lot better then what we got in ff13-2 , I thought you could start the game again with your characters at a higher level but no we just got the option to close the gates and play the level again.

maybe just maybe SE has actually made a decent FF game since FFX.

They've always said they were having NG+ for LR.
---
There is comfort in this great unknown.
#8MalakTawusPosted 7/28/2013 1:35:19 PM
.....and the best part is that it seems that in those areas there will be very strong enemies that even good testers said that some of them are almost impossible.

So cool :)
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#9Elice_CarolPosted 7/28/2013 3:44:24 PM
Is there still a timer with NG+, or do we have a choice?
---
"The only thing that gets me high is the musky scent of my enemy's fear.'' - Stephen Colbert
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#10FFFanatic1234Posted 7/28/2013 3:47:06 PM
I would assume there will still be a timer. Isn't there going to be special, stronger, moves that drain a little bit off of the doomsday clock? I remember reading something along those lines.

If the clock were disabled it would either make those moves unavailable or make them broken for no longer costing a precious resource to use.
---
Official Sabin of the Final Fantasy XV board.