How's this series?

#1Terribletruth69Posted 8/10/2013 10:20:27 PM
RPGs are my favorite video game genre. Recently I've been playing the Mass Effect series but I'm looking for a new RPG series so I decided to look at the Final Fantasy XIII games. I've never played a Final Fantasy game so I know nothing about them but the graphics caught my eye. So as far as RPGs go, how is the XIII series of games? Any advice on these games or should I look at other RPGs? Or should I just roll the dice and buy them?
#2LightningPoohPosted 8/10/2013 10:37:00 PM
They're amazing.
---
"The brightest lights, cast the darkest shadows" ~ Lightning
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdi7tqXkq71rl8tsvo1_500.gif
#3heartlesshero17Posted 8/10/2013 10:49:48 PM
They're alright
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#4WaIverinePosted 8/10/2013 10:50:45 PM
They're absolutely awful.
---
"I agree. Lightning should die" - j-fielding95
#5GigerSupremePosted 8/10/2013 10:53:16 PM
Terribletruth69 posted...
RPGs are my favorite video game genre. Recently I've been playing the Mass Effect series but I'm looking for a new RPG series so I decided to look at the Final Fantasy XIII games. I've never played a Final Fantasy game so I know nothing about them but the graphics caught my eye. So as far as RPGs go, how is the XIII series of games? Any advice on these games or should I look at other RPGs? Or should I just roll the dice and buy them?

final fantasy is a shadow of its former self.

if want to get into the series, i beseech you to not start with the 13 games because well... they arent very good. if you are cool with older games made with dated visuals, id say play the older games. there is a greater sense of effort and care put into making those older games than there is in the haphazardness of the 13 series.

id say Final Fantasy 6 (soetimes refered to as 3 for the snes) is an ideal game to start with. after 6, move up on in order from there.
#6GigerSupremePosted 8/10/2013 10:55:49 PM
the 13 games have only one thing going for them, and its the high production valuess and glossy visuals. but trust me, it wears thin after a while and you will be stuck with unlikable characters, and a sucky battle system than offers no options or creativity for strategy.

the HD versions of FFX and FFX-2 are coming soon, id say get that instead. much better games. (especially X-2)
#7LightningPoohPosted 8/10/2013 11:01:39 PM
LightningPooh posted...
They're amazing.

heartlesshero17 posted...
They're alright.

WaIverine posted...
They're absolutely awful.

Lol.
---
"The brightest lights, cast the darkest shadows" ~ Lightning
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdi7tqXkq71rl8tsvo1_500.gif
#8Retroxgamer0Posted 8/10/2013 11:06:33 PM
theyre amazing
#9Obelisk20Posted 8/10/2013 11:06:44 PM
Terribletruth69 posted...

Unfortunately, you picked the wrong game(s) to ask about. The fanbase has either fierce love or overwhemling hate towards the XIII series, especially it's face, Lightning. I personally say roll the dice. I thought XIII was a great experience, and thoroughly enjoyed XIII-2, but there are some who hate XIII and absolutely detest XIII-2. As I hear both games are cheap to get so it's at least worth it to try them out.
---
Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tales of Vesperia....still,
#10Retroxgamer0Posted 8/10/2013 11:09:34 PM(edited)
the haters havent played it for more than an hour thats the difference. i platinumed both games and invested 206 hours and 34 minutes, and i DONT waste my time on bad games. for instance my gta iv trophy rating is 0%.
soo to the 1 hour players who say its bad lets compare your 1hr of experience to my 206 hours. doing the math i would say i am 205% more experienced than you haters. eat that :)