Why are people under the impression that these game sell poorly on the 360?

#11heartlesshero17Posted 8/16/2013 3:07:23 PM(edited)
TwilightOdin posted...
Storm101 posted...
chaosflame108 posted...
Umm.......because they do.

And what makes you think that?

Because this http://www.novacrystallis.com/2011/12/final-fantasy-xiii-2-ps3-sells-62-of-stock-360-version-sells-10k/

Why are you posting japanese sales only? Everybody knows 360 blows in japan. Here is a better comparison.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/2010/04/16/final-fantasy-xiii-sales-numbers/

Helped push the game's sales pass a million in its first month
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#12Storm101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 3:08:25 PM
I just see all these comments such as "no evidence 360 users even want this", "Square is losing money by making a 360 version", "all of the 5 people that will buy the 360 version" and get annoyed by it because I'm pretty sure they are wrong. Some people even mention how dead the 360 board is, but of course that means nothing because it's common for one board to be dominant and it has nothing to do with sales (Pokemon Y is outselling X in pre-orders, Soul Silver outsold Heart Gold).
#13heartlesshero17Posted 8/16/2013 3:23:37 PM
Storm101 posted...
I just see all these comments such as "no evidence 360 users even want this", "Square is losing money by making a 360 version", "all of the 5 people that will buy the 360 version" and get annoyed by it because I'm pretty sure they are wrong. Some people even mention how dead the 360 board is, but of course that means nothing because it's common for one board to be dominant and it has nothing to do with sales (Pokemon Y is outselling X in pre-orders, Soul Silver outsold Heart Gold).

Ps3 board of the original FFXIII had plenty of 360 users among them. Many went to the ps3 board cause it had more users. Though i owned FFXIII and XIII-2 for the ps3 at one point I only had FFXIII for the 360 back then and still posted on the ps3 board. 360 has a disjointed community for rpg fans and many just take that as a sign that 360 users just don't like those kind of games at all despite a market being there

SE realizes this and sells its games to xbox anyways. Though they caught on and realized that 360 is not good for japanese market recently(drakengard 3 is a ps3 exclusive) they see xbox as a chance to gain more sales for its products for the rest of the world. Which is why FFXV and KH3 are also coming to xbox
---
^ it will happen!!!!
#14TwilightOdinPosted 8/16/2013 3:27:20 PM
Don't misunderstand me, I didn't hate on the 360. In fact, the more the game sells on it, the better.
---
My dreams of seeing HopuRai come true have shattered like crystal...
LR's Main theme is going to be titled 'Prayer'. I. Said it. First.
#15j-fielding95Posted 8/16/2013 3:35:39 PM
They don't sell poorly.
---
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png
#16heartlesshero17Posted 8/16/2013 3:37:48 PM
TwilightOdin posted...
Don't misunderstand me, I didn't hate on the 360. In fact, the more the game sells on it, the better.

I didn't mean to imply anybody was hating. Just speaking on the misconception. I owned all 3 consoles this gen and really console wars and debates I find to be just silly. So I am not going there at all and never will. Just speaking on the facts.

People know the xbox as the shooter console but many do not realize that many users are also fans who used to play on sony and other consoles. Or just fans of gaming happy to try new things. Unless future titles flop hard i expect many titles to get xbox ports for now on. Multiplat games do help push sales further then exclusives
---
^ it will happen!!!!
#17Storm101(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 4:06:46 PM
Yeah I own them on 360 but I post on the PS3 boards because there's no point posting on the 360 boards.

I wonder if FFX/FFX-2 HD on the 360 would be profitable. Too bad it's not coming.
#18j-fielding95Posted 8/16/2013 4:12:52 PM
Storm101 posted...
Yeah I own them on 360 but I post on the PS3 boards because there's no point posting on the 360 boards.

I wonder if FFX/FFX-2 HD on the 360 would be profitable. Too bad it's not coming.

Same here. If XIII wasn't released on 360 then I wouldn't be here right now.
---
The Lightning of the next generation: http://squareportal.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ffxvmysterywoman-copy.png
#19gjvaquinoPosted 8/16/2013 4:14:22 PM
I want the Vita to fail. I dnt know why Sony still wants to make a handheld system when they kno for a fact that they will never be able to beat the 3ds. I honestly feel that the resources and games created for the Vita that should have either gone to the ps3 or the ps4 are wasted on a system that's clearly milking the lack of variety for the current generation consoles. Yes I want the VIta to fail so Sony would concentrate on their consoles and how lacking they are in good games nowadays. I was fooled with the PSP, never again Sony, never again.
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#20heartlesshero17Posted 8/16/2013 4:27:29 PM
gjvaquino posted...
I want the Vita to fail. I dnt know why Sony still wants to make a handheld system when they kno for a fact that they will never be able to beat the 3ds. I honestly feel that the resources and games created for the Vita that should have either gone to the ps3 or the ps4 are wasted on a system that's clearly milking the lack of variety for the current generation consoles. Yes I want the VIta to fail so Sony would concentrate on their consoles and how lacking they are in good games nowadays. I was fooled with the PSP, never again Sony, never again.

Vita is in a tough spot right now. E3 didn't do much to make anybody care about it. I don't want any system to fail but vita future isn't so bright looking right now. Its doing better then the Wii u at least. Though in the wii u case it has many major games coming up in the next months that fans actually care about and want that will make people actually want a wii u. Sony really needs to start showing it a bit more love cause it will be completely overshadowed soon. 3ds is absolutely killing the vita right now
---
^ it will happen!!!!