Lightning is not the most popular female FF character. The poll was rigged

#1Devilman_AmonPosted 9/26/2013 7:15:29 PM(edited)
Lightning is not the most popular & favorite FF character in Japan. The poll was biased and rigged. Here is a post I found on Siliconera. Makes total sense:

EinMugenTenshin 10 hours ago ;

I'll give arguments for my case, but let us first present your source.

If you go back to the source of the FACEBOOK vote (With a lot of FFXIII advertisement) it would look like this:

1. Lightning (FFXIII)
2. Aerith (FFVII)
3. Yuna (FFX)
4. Tifa (FFVII)
5. Celes (FFVI)
6. Tina (FFVI)
7. Serah (FFXIII)
8. Garnet (FFIX)
8. Faris (FFV)
10. Rinoa (FFVIII)
10. Rydia (FFIV)
12. Selphie (FFVIII)
13. Rikku (FFX)
14. Beatrix (FFIX)
14. Yuffie (FFVII)
16. Ashe (FFXII)
17. Rosa (FFIV)
17. Eiko (FFIX)
17. Agrias (FFT)

http://www.novacrystallis.com/...

What you should notice is 8th came in as a tie because of same amount of votes, 10th also, 14th also and 17 had 3 characters with the EXACT same amount of votes.

In other words there must be very few votes involved (they seem to have removed the poll), as they are unable to separate them, making it statistically very difficult to evaluate a p value bellow 0,1, thus it should be rated as statistically insignificant.

Further on, the people who hate FFXIII would not be a fan on this site! It is likely that they either canceled their sub to the facebook page after the dissatisfaction of the last games, or didn't bother signing up as a fan because they were less than impressed. Not to mention that many of the "old school" gamers in general don't bother using facebook. Then of course you have all the casuals, the majority, that are not hardcore fan enough to join that facebook page to begin with, where are their vote?

Then it is the fact that the most recent image of Lightning is being pushed greatly (as many others here has mentioned, so I won't go into details here).

Also this site only counts 1 vote, making it extremely easy to rig. If you have asked all of those voting for Yuffie, Rosa or Eiko to vote for a different character I find it doubtful that Lightning would be the second pick. Further on, if someone with an agenda vote Lightning in an tactical way to boost her image, it is very easy for that purely strategic vote to influence such a result greatly. Those people would not vote Lightning, after say FFXV, and either change their vote to a new profile, or go back to their old/true favorite. And if the amount of votes are few to begin with the end result are even more squeed from reality.

I could continue on, but to say that vote represent Japan is probably not correct.

---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#2BluezHighwindzPosted 9/26/2013 7:21:17 PM
The problem was that SE hired Katherine Harris to run this poll.
#3Critical-LimitPosted 9/26/2013 7:49:37 PM
Why didn't you link the sources?
#4chocolatesodaPosted 9/26/2013 7:52:55 PM
You seem to have a habit of making baseless assumptions.
#5a33071201Posted 9/26/2013 8:10:22 PM
SO WHAT?
---
Snow must die.
#6SugarFlakesPosted 9/26/2013 8:12:17 PM
Wow, I really don't know what to make of it. Could it really big rigged? I don't want to jump to conclusions. This is interesting though.
---
FF5>FF12>FF8>FF10>FF9>FF7>FF13-2>FF4>FF10-2>FF1>FF13
Top 5 fav FF characters: Bartz, Noel, Balthier, Squall, Laguna,
#7Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 8:50:49 PM
Critical-Limit posted...
Why didn't you link the sources?

The source of the quoted link?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/26/lightning-everywhere-even-final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#8Devilman_Amon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 8:53:48 PM
chocolatesoda posted...
You seem to have a habit of making baseless assumptions.

Except it's not. If I wanted to make a baseless assumption, I'd say something like "that brown stuff in your soda is not chocolate"....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#9IightningzPosted 9/26/2013 9:00:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10IightningzPosted 9/26/2013 9:01:51 PM
The poll was already biased from start, even without accounting for the small sample size, age and social factors:

-Lightning looks aesthetically better than most of other characters, and most voters are likely to be male

-Poll was made when FF13 was 'the current FF'

-FF13 was the only Final Fantasy easily available on modern consoles and social media boomed this era of consoles

If this poll was made when XV/XVI was out, I doubt she would lead it. But I would still have voted for her, I believe some others here would too ^.^

Crisis Core was a huge hit in Japan, that's why Zack came up first in the males vote instead of Cloud. If Crisis Core was not made and there wouldn't be CG renders of Zack and Aerith, I doubt they'd be up there.

Also, why'd you hate her with such a passion? What did Light ever do to you :|
---
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2509191/
My Lightning Collection!: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD