If LR becomes popular...

#1nfobiaPosted 10/11/2013 12:31:17 AM
So what if Lightning Returns sells well and has a good reception, do you think SE might consider to turn LR into very own franchise? I'm not talking about sequel to XIII or FF spin-off but an own brand, same way as Devil May Cry is related to Resident Evil, for example. I'm not saying that would be good but SE seems to be interested turning sequels into own game series, like Type-0 and FFXV. It might be possible eh.

Feel free to share your thoughts.
---
FFXIV: ARR (PS3) - Cerberus (EU) / Reuben Dreadnought -
Feel free to add!
#2heartlesshero17Posted 10/11/2013 12:48:12 AM
That Devil May Cry and RE connections doesn't work to well. Your idea is if LR is popular it could become its own franchise. DMC existed only because it started to stray from the original idea early in development and they decided to make it a different franchise instead. Its not even comparable

But no, even if this is the highest rated FF of all time I don't think it will suddenly spawn a new franchise off the idea. Just potential sequels/prequels. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding what you mean
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#3IightningzPosted 10/11/2013 12:49:06 AM
Probably not. There's not going to be enough story for it to happen.

Also, they've said this is the final farewell for Lightning.
---
My Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
Some things in life you just do
#4heartlesshero17Posted 10/11/2013 12:56:04 AM(edited)
Iightningz posted...

Well there's always potential for the writers to completely make up a new plot right on the spot. Wouldn't be the first time it happened for a series

Though I doubt people would want that
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#5nfobia(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 1:05:59 AM
heartlesshero17 posted...
Iightningz posted...

Well there's always potential for the writers to completely make up a new plot right on the spot.

Yes, that was exactly my point. Kinda like reboot to Lightning saga, story wise. Lightning fighting against mecharobots in modern day Tokyo or wrestling with mutant tigers in...god knows where. Something like that.
---
FFXIV: ARR (PS3) - Cerberus (EU) / Reuben Dreadnought -
Feel free to add!
#6TehAssasinPosted 10/11/2013 1:56:35 AM
Humanity is doomed.
#7ChaingunmasterPosted 10/11/2013 2:46:04 AM
No. This is her last game, the last thing we need are terrible ideas for sequels that would undermine that.
---
"You did what you thought was right."
"No... I did what I thought was fun."
#8The-SiskoPosted 10/11/2013 5:05:20 AM
Even if LR become popular, there is really no reason to go on. Having no closure is a horrible thing. Guess how many years/gaming gen we waited for KH3 to come...
---
"You cannot destroy an idea."
I awaits the Return of The-Lightning and the Arrival of The-Noctis.
#9kittygomeeowPosted 10/11/2013 5:40:33 AM
nfobia posted...
So what if Lightning Returns sells well and has a good reception, do you think SE might consider to turn LR into very own franchise?

It doesn't need to be popular for SE to do that. In fact, it needs to be the complete opposite in order for SE to make it into its own series, because they're A+ material when it comes to giving fans exactly what they don't want.
#10Neutron15Posted 10/11/2013 6:13:28 AM
maybe it is going to become a spinoff of final fantasy, Lightning Saga games
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI