why do people praise X and hate on XIII when....

#1Karnage4208238Posted 12/3/2013 9:45:03 PM
X was just as linear as XIII but to me it felt even more so just like in XIII the only big open space was the clam lands and even that was alot more smaller then pulse was with even less to explore

and form what i remember everywhere beside the clam lands was just as linear as XIII everything was just a giant hallway as well in X there was no exploration besides in the clam lands

so why does everyone hate XIII for being so linear and praise X when it was just as linear? (but imo even more so then XIII was)
---
The Only Goal In Life Is Death
S'up Im Karnage The Ultimate Cheater I Love to Cheat If You Don't Like It It's Your Problem Not Mine
#2Jedi_WraithPosted 12/3/2013 9:46:23 PM
Nanomachines, son.
---
"If you died from falling off of a high ledge, it was probably your own fault" - Duke Nukem Forever
#3Pirate_DuckPosted 12/3/2013 9:54:32 PM
Again?

Because you could do heaps more stuff, duh.
---
Dayman! aaaAAAaaa Fighter of the Nightman! aaaAAAaaa Champion of the Sun! aaaAAAaaa His a master of karate and friendship for everyone!
#4Shadow_the_DarkPosted 12/3/2013 9:58:30 PM
right...I'll take Gran Pulse over the Calm Lands any day. Only good thing about the calm lands is that's where I got the best summon in the game: Yojimbo!!!

Then he got downgraded in his awesome factor when I laid eyes on the team work of Odin and Lightning...if only there was a level 4 limit break in FF14 ARR where you summoned Odin and did that awesome finish....
#5kyoselflovePosted 12/3/2013 10:17:17 PM
I love them both, but I do prefer old school turn based battle because I don't have to die when my child acts crazy, they just sit there and wait for me :)
#6SugarFlakesPosted 12/3/2013 10:21:32 PM
Not speaking for everyone but for me personally.

FF10- Towns, shrines/puzzels. Yes it was linear but at least it had these that gave the player a break from the linearity once in awhile.

FF13-None of the above. Straight line for 20 hrs.
---
Fav FF characters: Bartz, Squall, Zidane, Laguna, Noel, Balthier, Zack, Cecil, Cloud, Kuja
I like syrup on my pancakes .__.
#7Jedi_WraithPosted 12/3/2013 10:29:12 PM
SugarFlakes posted...

FF10- Towns, shrines/puzzels. Yes it was linear but at least it had these that gave the player a break from the linearity once in awhile.

You forgot FF10 has

- Blitzball

- Airship

- NPCs

- Lulu's "jiggle" during victory fanfare

- Able to rotate characters during battles

- Rikku > vanille

I would post other things but I accidentally posted this message before I could type it.
---
"If you died from falling off of a high ledge, it was probably your own fault" - Duke Nukem Forever
#8sadmanexPosted 12/3/2013 10:31:39 PM
not this s*** again
why you not even tired
---
DA PAWN- PSN Kirios08 -Kiriosu- Sorcerer- 122 -utilitarian/scather-
#9Tri3dgEPosted 12/3/2013 10:32:55 PM
Let us also not forget FFX also brought the awesome Sphere Grid system, which is not linear unlike the Crystallium of FF13, also BLITZBALL!!! It is a great way to burn out additional hours when I was near end-game.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: 5429-7901-6463
Safari Zone : Pidgey / Hoothoot / Fletchinder (FLYING TYPES)
#10SugarFlakesPosted 12/3/2013 10:39:12 PM(edited)
Jedi_Wraith posted...
SugarFlakes posted...

You forgot FF10 has

- Blitzball

- Airship

- NPCs

- Lulu's "jiggle" during victory fanfare

- Able to rotate characters during battles

- Rikku > vanille

I would post other things but I accidentally posted this message before I could type it.
Yes plus all of this :3

I spent many of hours playing blitzball alone. That was fun. Oh and the monster arena sidequest was fun too x3
---
Fav FF characters: Bartz, Squall, Zidane, Laguna, Noel, Balthier, Zack, Cecil, Cloud, Kuja
I like syrup on my pancakes .__.