Question for importers- Main Quests

#1chiligrinderPosted 12/8/2013 10:26:39 AM
How many main quests are there? Could any person who has a copy give a list main quests/what they comprise of?

How long do they take on easy/normal?
#2OmenofFatePosted 12/8/2013 10:30:58 AM
You will spend a lot of time just waiting for time to move on because there is so little to do sadly.
#3chiligrinder(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 10:34:46 AM
Disappointing. I am hearing a lot of mixed to negative responses from the game. It seems the only good part about are is the battle mechanics. I have lurked this board for a few months, and watched Letas streams, but I decided to start posting on my unused account, since I want to decide whether to buy it. I loved FFXIII and felt mixed about FFXIII-2. I am still interested in the games story and gameplay however. Not sure if I am going to waste 30-50 hours of my life though.
#4IightningzPosted 12/8/2013 10:39:53 AM
I'm not sure about the number of quests exactly, but I can briefly describe them.

1. Stalk the cultists that are going to sacrifice a pink haired woman then Noel arrives and stops them, because he knows that Lightning is the true target and he doesn't want to harm innocent lives. Then you follow Noel to his hole and you fight there

2. Infiltrate Snow's palace by getting in a dress which must be won in the coliseum and then finding him in the palace and you fight him there

3. You heal the chocobo, make him fly to etro's temple and fight Caius

4. You meet fang, find some treasure that unlocks the door to the holy treasure, then you fight some big pokemon thing

5. You run around the entire world doing unremarkable fetch/kill quests to get fragments of virtues to unlock some holy treasure to awaken Dajh

Most people finish them before the halfway mark. They are very short. I'd say if you had the skills to beat all of them at one shot, it would take you about 12-15 hours, including cutscenes and battle time.
---
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
#5chiligrinder(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 10:46:45 AM
Iightningz posted...
I'm not sure about the number of quests exactly, but I can briefly describe them.

1. Stalk the cultists that are going to sacrifice a pink haired woman then Noel arrives and stops them, because he knows that Lightning is the true target and he doesn't want to harm innocent lives. Then you follow Noel to his hole and you fight there

2. Infiltrate Snow's palace by getting in a dress which must be won in the coliseum and then finding him in the palace and you fight him there

4. You meet fang, find some treasure that unlocks the door to the holy treasure, then you fight some big pokemon thing

5. You run around the entire world doing unremarkable fetch/kill quests to get fragments of virtues to unlock some holy treasure to awaken Dajh

Most people finish them before the halfway mark. They are very short. I'd say if you had the skills to beat all of them at one shot, it would take you about 12-15 hours, including cutscenes and battle time.

Cheers for the response. Sounds pretty mediocre. Is the story any good at least?

Is everyone on this board generally excited for FFXV? I have only been lurking and am new here.
#6IightningzPosted 12/8/2013 10:54:13 AM(edited)
chiligrinder posted...
Iightningz posted...

Cheers for the response. Sounds pretty mediocre. Is the story any good at least?

Is everyone on this board generally excited for FFXV? I have only been lurking and am new here.

If you love the XIII cast, you'll love what this game has in store for you, I'm sure. Until the ending, then the fanbase is quite divisive about it. Or unless you're Yuji's archenemy and your favourite character is Sazh, then you will definitely feel gimped.

EDIT: But if you don't like the cast and can't understand what exactly happened in XIII-2, then this game's story will be crap for you, most likely, because it follows very closely to XIII-2.

Eh, I'm not too excited for it. I primarily got into FF because of Lightning, and even despite playing a few of the previous titles, nothing makes my heart race like her. The others seem pretty keen for it though. After all, everyone's been waiting for 8 years.
---
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
#7chiligrinder(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 11:04:17 AM
I understood FFXIII-2, I just didn't see why it was necessary. XIII was a good conclusion. I like Lightning and Sazh (to an extent) but I can't stand the rest of the cast. Especially Snow, Noel and Hope.

I will probably give it a miss. I saw the ending in the stream. I actually liked it. Although, it was a bit silly and kind of made the action of most of XIII-2 and LR pointless. Maybe it would have been more appropriate to integrate it into the ending of XIII. It is a bit of a canonical turn of the screw for the rest of the series. Is our world linked to theirs?
#8chiligrinder(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 11:27:02 AM
Anyone else got a list? I know they are numbered like 1-1, 1-2 etc. Just wondering how many of each 5? How many side quests are there?
#9Split InfinityPosted 12/8/2013 11:42:39 AM
5 main quests to complete. Two are done fairly quickly, two are a bit lengthier, and one is quite long (mainly in terms of backtracking if you don't find key items you need).
There's 66 sidequests, and on any given playthrough (except first) you can do 65 of them. First playthrough has a subquest that can't be done in first play, only from second onward. There's also a subquest which you must fail in order to get 66th.
#10chiligrinder(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 12:25:24 PM
Cool. How many quests are in each main quest? 3,4 or 5? Also, how long is each sub quest in a main quest?