Be honest- do you actually understand the FFXIII series story so far?

#191Dark_PhentsPosted 12/24/2013 3:25:39 PM
The story of the original 13 was good, the extension was a bit weird but not as bad as what most people want to say against it.
---
Hsien ko, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon
#192SuperXThousandPosted 12/24/2013 5:39:59 PM
Dark_Phents posted...
The story of the original 13 was good, the extension was a bit weird but not as bad as what most people want to say against it.

Agreed, but by no means was it well-told either.

mr369248 posted...
pretty sure it was explained in the ultimania

Of course it was..
#193LordKaizerPosted 12/24/2013 7:34:37 PM
mr369248 posted...
lindaluv posted...
SuperXThousand posted...
Kagayaku08 posted...
last time I checked, Assisted suicide is a form of suicide. Since I said that his whole plan is suicide and that he needed noel to kill him, your argument is rendered moot. Some one who can't read cannot tell someone who can they misunderstood something. Sorry, your argument is done. Now we can have a nice day.

There's a big difference between killing yourself and goading someone else to do it for you. And it's not as though he could find someone to do it out of compassion like you might see in the real world. He needed someone to have the will to destroy him and dominate the power of the magic heart. This was a problem for the story because it turned out those rules didn't matter whatsoever, and Caius literally ended up committing suicide after all. Very confusing, especially since iirc there was an alternate ending where Noel actually fails to absorb the heart and it does some very bad things to him. Yet the one time he DOESN'T want to kill Caius, and inadvertently does, he somehow has the will to survive it. Messy storytelling no matter how you look at it.

Yea.. I never did get how they tried to slide that one by us. It was mentioned that Barthendalus the second... er Cauis could not kill himself.. aka suicide.. and that is why he embarked on his grand journey to make Noel a worthy opponent to fulfill that goal...hmmmm..this sounds.. oddly familiar.. almost... like FF13 0_0. Anyways.. since Noel never did become worthy or strong enough to impale Etros heart... Cauis decides to grab his hand and force it into his heart... last time I checked.. Cauis was the causation for his death.. in other words.. he committed suicide.. which i thought was.. not possible.

But I guess stabbing yourself is different when you use someone elses hand to stab yourself 0_0

so, i need an outside material to explain caius's plan? sounds like a total BS.
---
PSN: Sckarton ; Wii U: Sckarton ; Steam: psn_sckarton ; Xbox Live : Raze o Skarreor (boy, that escalated quickly)
#194roxas9001Posted 12/24/2013 7:43:29 PM
LordKaizer posted...
mr369248 posted...
lindaluv posted...
SuperXThousand posted...
Kagayaku08 posted...
last time I checked, Assisted suicide is a form of suicide. Since I said that his whole plan is suicide and that he needed noel to kill him, your argument is rendered moot. Some one who can't read cannot tell someone who can they misunderstood something. Sorry, your argument is done. Now we can have a nice day.

There's a big difference between killing yourself and goading someone else to do it for you. And it's not as though he could find someone to do it out of compassion like you might see in the real world. He needed someone to have the will to destroy him and dominate the power of the magic heart. This was a problem for the story because it turned out those rules didn't matter whatsoever, and Caius literally ended up committing suicide after all. Very confusing, especially since iirc there was an alternate ending where Noel actually fails to absorb the heart and it does some very bad things to him. Yet the one time he DOESN'T want to kill Caius, and inadvertently does, he somehow has the will to survive it. Messy storytelling no matter how you look at it.

Yea.. I never did get how they tried to slide that one by us. It was mentioned that Barthendalus the second... er Cauis could not kill himself.. aka suicide.. and that is why he embarked on his grand journey to make Noel a worthy opponent to fulfill that goal...hmmmm..this sounds.. oddly familiar.. almost... like FF13 0_0. Anyways.. since Noel never did become worthy or strong enough to impale Etros heart... Cauis decides to grab his hand and force it into his heart... last time I checked.. Cauis was the causation for his death.. in other words.. he committed suicide.. which i thought was.. not possible.

But I guess stabbing yourself is different when you use someone elses hand to stab yourself 0_0

so, i need an outside material to explain caius's plan? sounds like a total BS.

Lightning explains his plan.
---
http://kuja9001.tumblr.com/archive
#195matt091282Posted 12/24/2013 8:25:59 PM
The XIII series suffers from poor writing. The whole premise and everything is fine, but the execution is lacking most of the time.
#196lindaluvPosted 12/24/2013 9:08:12 PM
mr369248 posted...
lindaluv posted...
SuperXThousand posted...
Kagayaku08 posted...

Wait.. let me get this straight.. the game EXPLICITLY says that Cauis cannot commit suicide. IN the same game.. he does exactly THAT.. so we just spent 30 hours learning about a noble man who went loco make this elaborate plan to have himself killed cuz he could not or was not allowed to do so himself.. cuz yea.. only to have him do that 0_0.

And then the explanation is given to us.. in a another external book. It is like these ultamanias were made to try to cover up their shody writings.

Toriyama - .... oh snap.. I said he couldnt commit suicide 0_0
Toriyama - Ill just make an explanation for that in the Ultamania =D
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)