Week 5 Sales...

#1ManaYukaPosted 12/25/2013 1:19:19 PM(edited)
Week 4 was 14,000 BTW(386,000)

Less than 10,000 cause its not even on the media crate top 50

Well, there is LR. Sold about 390-393,000. Compared to XIII-2 Japanese sales of 850K, its less than half.

Congratulations SE.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740203
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#2King_Shortt_IXPosted 12/25/2013 12:43:16 PM
About 400,000 out of 500,000 units.

Not bad for many games standards, but sill pretty poor selling for a mainline Final Fantasy title.

RIP Final Fantasy.
---
Adult collectible. This is not a toy.
#3IightningzPosted 12/25/2013 12:47:03 PM
So what if the sales were poor? What's your point?

We get it, people are sick of XIII.
---
Tumblr: http://raitningz.tumblr.com/
Lightning Collection: http://imgur.com/a/ibrsD#0
#4PrismsbladePosted 12/25/2013 12:57:01 PM
Iightningz posted...

umad?
---
3DS FC: 1693-0799-0030
Pokemon x/y safari Woobat, Doduo, Tropius
#5IightningzPosted 12/25/2013 12:59:30 PM
Prismsblade posted...
Iightningz posted...

umad?

v v v mad.

No, I'm definitely not. Why would I be? I know people are sick of XIII and LR is frankly not a fantastic game at all. I just personally like the series and Lightning a lot.
---
#6ManaYuka(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 12:59:39 PM
Iightningz posted...

Its not sick of XIII. Its sick of a bad game series.

ME2 and ME3 sold around the same. It was a good series so ME3 sold just a lil bit less thanks to the ending controversy, but overall each sold about 1.8 million US.

LR is the sequel to an already heated game that half of the fanbase hated(stated by Wada himself) as seen from the sales of XIII-2 in Japan getting half the sales of XIII, than LR the end of the trilogy less than half of that game. Its now down to pitiful numbers.

This is the first time Ive seen a company make a sequel to a game that essentially lost half its sales, usually thats a sign the game shouldnt get a damn sequel, people didnt like something. But SE went forward anyways, and now the sequel is pitiful to its predecessor XIII-2.
---
#7IightningzPosted 12/25/2013 1:06:16 PM(edited)
ManaYuka posted...
Iightningz posted...

ME2 and ME3 sold around the same. It was a good series so ME3 sold just a lil bit less thanks to the ending controversy, but overall each sold about 1.8 million US.

LR is the sequel to an already heated game that half of the fanbase hated(stated by Wada himself) as seen from the sales of XIII-2 in Japan getting half the sales of XIII, than LR the end of the trilogy less than half of that game. Its now down to pitiful numbers.

This is the first time Ive seen a company make a sequel to a game that essentially lost half its sales, usually thats a sign the game shouldnt get a damn sequel, people didnt like something. But SE went forward anyways, and now the sequel is pitiful to its predecessor XIII-2.

To be fair, the plot in XIII-2 cornered them into another sequel, and if they had suspended XIII and not finish, it would be more costly to re-open the project in the future when consoles have shifted forward and many existing resources would need to be remade.

Edit: What I meant was, if they didn't have a plot that cornered them into another sequel, I doubt they would have made a third XIII game.

They wouldn't make that decision since they DO know that their players have often called out XIII to be the weakest FF. But they couldn't leave us hanging like that either.

Are you sure the sales are not affected by incoming releases of new consoles, and the shift of gaming towards mobile?
---
#8j-fielding95Posted 12/25/2013 1:10:39 PM
Oh well. At least I get to play all 3 awesome games.
---
You are slave. Want emancipation?
#9AveriaClairePosted 12/25/2013 1:16:36 PM
Does it come as a surprise to anyone that the OP didn't provide a source?
#10ManaYuka(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2013 1:18:16 PM
Iightningz posted...
ManaYuka posted...
Iightningz posted...

To be fair, the plot in XIII-2 cornered them into another sequel, and if they had suspended XIII and not finish, it would be more costly to re-open the project in the future when consoles have shifted forward and many existing resources would need to be remade.

Edit: What I meant was, if they didn't have a plot that cornered them into another sequel, I doubt they would have made a third XIII game.

They wouldn't make that decision since they DO know that their players have often called out XIII to be the weakest FF. But they couldn't leave us hanging like that either.

Are you sure the sales are not affected by incoming releases of new consoles, and the shift of gaming towards mobile?

XIII-2 was written with the intent of a sequel atleast, but since the game was so poorly received among the fanbase it doesnt matter, when something is niche even in a fanbase its time to close up shop, thus the brand now looks weak. FF can now manage less than a million in its home country, when it used to get tons more.

And this transfer to Mobile gaming is a problem, but not because its mobile, its because the indie developers offer something different and new, rather than the same boring crap as every other corporate game that pisses people off.

Theres a growing unrest in the Japanese subculture of Anime/games where people are getting sick and tired of the same crap in EVERY game. Shonen tropes in everything, moe girl characters, etc its just the same crap everywhere.

The console games that sale the millions are the ones that shy away from that like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter. They have something to offer other than typical anime BS.
---